News   Jul 15, 2024
 136     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Pity, though she was/is less progressive than one might have hoped, she was effective. If only some of the deadwood would also go!

Agreed. She was pretty average as a councilor, but far from one of the worst. I'd celebrate if Holyday, Grimes, Minnan-Wong or Perks would finally **** off.

Agreed. She was pretty average as a councilor, but far from one of the worst. I'd celebrate if Holyday, Grimes, Minnan-Wong or Perks would finally **** off.

Fletcher is at the top of my list for being nominally on the left of Council but generally voting in favour of parking, against cycling, in favour of golf, against ravines, etc.

DMW, just about everyone of any political persuasion could write an essay on why he has no business being on Council, ditto Holyday.

After that I'd put Grimes, Lai, Perks, and Crawford all on the to-go list.

Then there's a bunch of mushy middle who aren't great, but could be worse........ Pasternak, Matlow, Robinson etc.

Of those, I'm inclined to want Matlow out the most, he's actually made a few really good motions over the years, but they keep losing, because he has next to no allies on Council. The Grandstander-in-Chief annoys everyone.

Crawford has someone running against him who I would vote for a few times over if I lived in that ward. Cycling Advocate Kevin Rupasinghe.

Last edited:
Agreed with the sentiments above, it's sad to see her leave she was actually fairly effective for her ward and for the city as a whole.

This is interesting now, we've got 3 incumbents who are leaving office (correct me if i'm wrong here):

-Micheal Ford (running for MPP)
-Ana Bailao (resigned)
-Kristyn Wong-Tam (running for MPP)

Agreed with the sentiments above, it's sad to see her leave she was actually fairly effective for her ward and for the city as a whole.

This is interesting now, we've got 3 incumbents who are leaving office (correct me if i'm wrong here):

-Ana Bailao (resigned)

Speaking of which.. Neethan Shan is running in Scarborough Centre. He was previously on council as a spot fill.

Which of Dougie's daughters will be parachuted into the ward?

Knowing them fairly well from school days, lets just say they arent the brightest lightbulbs around. I'd be in true shock if that ever happened.

Are you suggesting the lingerie football league experience isn't sufficient for seekers of public office?

Pffft.

How fickle! LOL

-Ana Bailao (resigned)
Add Joe Cressy who resigned a few weeks ago (and KWT's resignation is effective). Both Cressy & Wong Tam will be replaced at a special Council sitting on 1 June. Ana Bailao is continuing to sit until the election and young Mr Ford remains a Councillor - though he should have resigned if he wanted to run as an MPP - though the ghastly Minnan-Wong did not do so last election and it's not compulsory.

Add Joe Cressy who resigned a few weeks ago (and KWT's resignation is effective). Both Cressy & Wong Tam will be replaced at a special Council sitting on 1 June. Ana Bailao is continuing to sit until the election and young Mr Ford remains a Councillor - though he should have resigned if he wanted to run as an MPP - though the ghastly Minnan-Wong did not do so last election and it's not compulsory.
Right, I dont know how Joe Cressy slipped my mind.

As for Ford and Minnan-Wong not resigning their seats, it shouldnt surprise anyone. Both have no moral values so they couldnt care less, as long at they secure the $$$ (ie: salary and pension) for themselves, that's all that matters.

Back