News   Jun 17, 2024
 100     0 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

A Forum Research poll provided exclusively to the Toronto Sun on Wednesday found 77% of those polled approve of Tory’s tenure — the highest it has ever been since he was elected late last year. Overall, just 23% disapprove of the job Tory is doing as mayor.

According to the poll, 92% of Tory voters in the last election approve of the job he is doing so far but he also has the approval of 59% of those who voted for Doug Ford and 73% of those polled who said they voted for Olivia Chow.
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/11/18/tory-scores-high-approval-rating-in-poll

I approve of the fact that he is doing his job, unlike his predecessor. Once the latter no longer presents himself as a possible candidate ever, it would be time to make real, meaningful choices.

AoD

I approve that he can go to a parade and not make a fool of himself. The whole SmartTrack thing doesn't really bother me at all.

We are literally contemplating spending billions extra on transit in Scarborough a etobicoke after spending millions extra on a expressway. Hard to approve of that but I approve were doing it while sober although that might be more embarrassing. At least he wears a suit and goes to work

Tory actually wants to be mayor. He enjoys it and wants to do good for the city. No matter what your feelings are about how he does it, no one can accuse him of not showing up for work.

Ford is one of those damaged guys who never really wanted the job, but just didn't know what else to do with himself. Many kids of successful families have that syndrome, where they want so badly to live up to expectations but don't have the intellect, talent, or interest to pull it off. Yet, they are propelled forward through status, connections, and influence (see George W. Bush, Ben Mulroney, the Irvings, the Olands, et. al).

Yes, I don't always agree with his policies and decisions, but he makes an effort and even shows up to the office early!

low bar winner.jpg

Attachments

• low bar winner.jpg
    low bar winner.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 364

Attachments

• AskMayorTory.jpg
    AskMayorTory.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 319

Attachments

• council votes.JPG
    council votes.JPG