News   Mar 28, 2024
 119     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 230     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.3K     1 

Massey Square Horror

I did have the wall beneath the sink and around the plumbing pipes plastered with sheetrock last summer. But the odor still comes. There could be some tiny openings still uncovered or perhaps sheetrock isn't resistant enough. What kind of spray can I use that could work, is safe and fire resistant?

Can the odor also permeate upwards from lower floors of the building?
Of course odour CAN spread up or down or sideways. Sheetrock ought to keep out air movement (i.e. smells) but it MAY need caulking at the point it meets pipes to be 100% effective. I assume you are sure the smell is not coming THROUGH the drain pipe due to a defective "U-Bend" (i.e. one that does not fill with water) or that it is coming from garbage or organic waste stored below the sink.

Wanted to give my two cents about the office staff (located in 5 Massey Square) too, they really are rude. They don't give any indication that they want to help you or just do their job! They didn't offer alternative solutions because that would require them to do their job and file paperwork. I feel so frustrated and I haven't even had to interact with them much.

Last edited:

Back