News   Apr 18, 2024
 639     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.5K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

Mark's Work Wearhouse: what happened to it?

I think Marks is waking up to the reality that women are the bigger spenders and yet again guys get shafted. Walk through any mall and count the number of stores that cater to men's clothing only.

Yep. Going to the mall with my girlfriend = spending the day in womens stores.

Possibly 'CT Express'... a smaller Canadian Tire specializing in one category as opposed to being a big box store selling everything.

That's too bad. It may end up killing the Home Hardware that's been at Pape and Danforth forever. A real old-fashioned HW store where you need the staff to reach up to get you the screws and bolts you need.

That's too bad. It may end up killing the Home Hardware that's been at Pape and Danforth forever. A real old-fashioned HW store where you need the staff to reach up to get you the screws and bolts you need.

So maybe a CT that specializes in the hardware category only...hence a Home Hardware in new "clothes". Proof will be in the making and community response.

It looks like it will be kitchen based... but will still have a small selection of items from other categories.

It should open in the next month or two.

It looks like it will be kitchen based... but will still have a small selection of items from other categories.

Too many kitchen places? In addition to IQ Living, the old Cook's Place location down the street, occupied for about a year by Jet Baby (where Peter Pan-type parents could buy Ramones tshirts for their toddlers), is going to be the location of a new kitchen store called the Cook's Nook.

Too many kitchen places? In addition to IQ Living, the old Cook's Place location down the street, occupied for about a year by Jet Baby (where Peter Pan-type parents could buy Ramones tshirts for their toddlers), is going to be the location of a new kitchen store called the Cook's Nook.

And then there's my favourite, much less assuming kitchen store, Kitchen Roots on the north side, just east of Pape. I would hate for that place to suffer.

I assume CT still has a lease obligation and so must fill the location but couldn't they come up with something else? I know Moss, owned by the same folks who own IQ Living, sell garden stuff but it's super high end. Why doesn't Canadian Tire sell that? Riverdalers are mad for their curb appeal and decks.

Back