490     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 246     0 

Market wharf - assignment unit for sale

Flux Capacitor

Member Bio
Reaction score
Market wharf - assignment unit for sale

Located right next to the St. Lawrence Market.

The unit is on the 9th floor. 449sq feet with approx 100sq balcony. No wasted space floor plan, I can send over by email. There are only 4 units of this kind in the building. Locker is included. Unobstructed North view of the city, over looking the St. Lawrence market. With the market next door, your 9th floor view would never get obstructed over the years. Both the living room and the bedroom has floor to ceiling windows.

MSG me if interested.

Last edited:
Really? It's only worth a max of $190k imo.

Just like you thought this listing of mine was worth $420/ft and I sold it for $484/ft?
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...-(-425k)-2-Bed-2-Bath-Parking-Locker-872sq-ft

urbandreamer - I'm not here to ruffle feathers but isn't it forum etiquette to keep your mouth shut if you don't agree with the price someone is asking for something? I'm not saying I agree or disagree with your valuation of this guy's suite. But I wouldn't post with the sole purpose to contest his price.

Last edited:
Just like you thought this listing of mine was worth $420/ft and I sold it for $484/ft?
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...-(-425k)-2-Bed-2-Bath-Parking-Locker-872sq-ft

urbandreamer - I'm not here to ruffle feathers but isn't it forum etiquette to keep your mouth shut if you don't agree with the price someone is asking for something? I'm not saying I agree or disagree with your valuation of this guy's suite. But I wouldn't post with the sole purpose to contest his price.

it's only forum etiquette if you're a fellow realtor.

and the price IS ridiculous. $260k for what is basically a box right next to regent park?

and the price IS ridiculous. $260k for what is basically a box right next to regent park?

??? So you mean on the car enthusiast forums I frequent, people who post comments like "your car sux and you're stupid for asking $22k" are openly welcomed? What does being a realtor have to do with anything? The OP is a private seller.

I'm talking about general Internet forum behaviour.

And really - Market Wharf is beside Regent Park?

??? So you mean on the car enthusiast forums I frequent, people who post comments like "your car sux and you're stupid for asking $22k" are openly welcomed? What does being a realtor have to do with anything? The OP is a private seller.

I'm talking about general Internet forum behaviour.

then the same logic applies to kristopher's comment. If one is allowed to comment in a positive way on a listing, then one should also be allowed to comment about it in a negative way - or should not be allowed to comment at all.

You have no idea what you're talking about. And this is why these comments shouldn't be allowed. Do you even know where Regent Park is?

is this the suite you're referring to at 443 SF?
http://www.marketwharf.com/floorplans/ws_d.pdf

it's a good very very compact floorplan, however, i am very surprised the developer is asking $600 PSF.
i would have thought no more than $500 PSF considering what's selling around the area both resale and pre-construction.

PS - mig174, MW (SLM) is no where near Regent Park.

I think prices are between $550 and $600 PSF for new buildings like MW, The Berczy (their site appears down so I can't check), and London on the Esplanade. Aside from being brand new, each of these buildings nail it on location, location, location so that and the high standards are definitely carrying a premium. However, there isn't going to be much upward trending on prices so it'll be interesting to see if these prices are maintained or lowered.

Resale condos at still fairly new and well maintained buildings like the Mozo are over $500 PSF. But I do see a lot of good value under $500 PSF on the MLS at older buildings like Market Square. You clearly get a lot more for your money (in terms of space) at these older condos. Though seeing high maintenance fees keeps the prices down a bit too.

Resale condos at still fairly new and well maintained buildings like the Mozo are over $500 PSF. But I do see a lot of good value under $500 PSF on the MLS at older buildings like Market Square. You clearly get a lot more for your money (in terms of space) at these older condos. Though seeing high maintenance fees keeps the prices down a bit too.

depending on the condo you're referring to, most relatively newer condo fees are $0.50 PSF, which is what the pre-construction and 'brand' new condos will charge after the 1st year.
all the advertising of $0.42 PSF for pre-construction is marketing BS ... talk to anyone who has bought 'new'.

Market Square looks like a solid building. IIRC Jason Priestley used to own a unit there ... that's not an endorsement.

stay away from condos that have high rentals b/c those will result in more normal wear/tear resulting in higher fees.
IIRC the condo at the SE corner of Front/Jarvis is one of those.

I think you may be correct about the SE corner. I've always heard that there are lots of renters there. I've never been inside and don't know what the maintenance is like. Would be interesting to know what the maintenance fees are.

FWIW, Mozo continues to have decent maintenance fees psf. They have lots of retail to help pay for the common costs and it's apparantly well managed.

MW is $0.47 PSF. I imagine it will rise to over $0.50 PSF in no time. But that's to be expected. The hope is that over the course of time, maintenance fees are held to a reasonable level. Wouldn't it be interesting to see line graphs of maintenance fees across Toronto condos? :)

Back