M5V Life Condos (TAS DesignBuild, Lifetime Developments) - Real Estate -

Definitely. They were renting out their condo (with or w/o a parking spot). Also, keep in mind not everyone put 20% down. The moral of the story is, read your original APS and don't try to do anything sneaky.

Hmmm, I had actually interepreted the original comment to mean that the people who lost their deposit were attempting to rent out their suite, not parking space. Can you please confirm thecondofitz?

Definitely. They were renting out their condo (with or w/o a parking spot). Also, keep in mind not everyone put 20% down. The moral of the story is, read your original APS and don't try to do anything sneaky.

I still think that's pretty weak of the developer.

Does anyone know why we are paying a Common Expense Fee when we have no amenties in place to use? I'm a little confused? and my lawyer is on vacay. Anyone?

I believe you would be paying the same Common Expenses fee regardless if the amenities or not (the fee is calculated based on when the gym and stuff is ready) ... kinda feels bad being ripped off, but that's how it is done ......... your common expenses also deal with common area heating/cooling, security/concierge, building insurance, building mainteance (cleaning/repair), property management staff, suite heating/cooling (if included), and water, which do not relate to the recreational amenities availability ~

Going for our PDI tomorrow. I'll make sure to take some pics.

Popped in and spoke with the security guard on Friday night, really nice guy. He was mentioning that the gym construction is underway and was able to show me the security camera with some treadmills and ellipticals in it. No multigym yet.

Getting excited to move into the neighbourhood.

Good luck MrH, I hope it goes well. Could you take a picture of the hallway as well? I'd love to see what the floors are looking like.

Going for our PDI tomorrow. I'll make sure to take some pics.

Popped in and spoke with the security guard on Friday night, really nice guy. He was mentioning that the gym construction is underway and was able to show me the security camera with some treadmills and ellipticals in it. No multigym yet.

Getting excited to move into the neighbourhood.

Good luck MrH, I hope it goes well. Could you take a picture of the hallway as well? I'd love to see what the floors are looking like.

No problem. I'll take some of the hallway as well as the lobby, etc...

Anybody know if the suites are pre-wired for a security system? The papers they give us say they do but we can't find any wires...

Anybody know if the suites are pre-wired for a security system? The papers they give us say they do but we can't find any wires...

Fadi,

During our PDI they pointed out the pre-wiring for a security system. There is an electrical box with a cover on it inside our front door just above the light switch. Then in the door frame they showed a small nickel-sized hole which is supposedly for your door sensor.

I hope that helps.

PS - I'll post some pictures tonight, got swamped during the week.

Thanks MrH.

However the problem is..when our security system was to be installed they looked in the electrical box and in the door frame and were unable to find any wires or fish any themselves. I asked the builder and they informed me that it's not actually 'pre-wired' , just roughed in. I specifically remember them saying pre-wired and was wondering if anyone else had the same problem?

Thanks MrH.

However the problem is..when our security system was to be installed they looked in the electrical box and in the door frame and were unable to find any wires or fish any themselves. I asked the builder and they informed me that it's not actually 'pre-wired' , just roughed in. I specifically remember them saying pre-wired and was wondering if anyone else had the same problem?

Fadi,

To be honest I don't remember now if they mentioned pre-wired vs roughed in as I took it to mean the same thing ready to go once you found a system/company. It was basically explained that the accommodations for the panel and the sensor were in place and that we'd contract with whatever company we wanted, a 'bring our own security system' approach vs. integrated and centralized units I've seen in other buildings.

Since the panel access was covered I didn't see any wiring, though I'd assume they'd at least provide power at the box. As for the door sensor, it was pointed out and I didn't see any wiring.

Thanks MrH, its a beautiful unit. I think I have the exact same color combo of cabinets/counter/floor. Is your countertop the white Quartz one? I couldn't quite tell from the pics.

Back