News   Jul 10, 2024
 174     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 983     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.9K     4 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Anything I forgot to answer???

Also when you do your PDI and see something wrong with your condo just be happy your condo is ready, I have met people from different builders that have had to move in with out appliances, missing faucets, dirt all over. all the small stuff you will find here will not be as bad. I even met a person that had to move in to a condo (from another builder) and by PDI her washroom was not even 70% finished. :S

I'm in M1 and I have rogers here, cable and internet. cellphone reception sucks inside my unit :(

I have learned that calling rogers sometimes doesn't work. Just know that 2 weeks prior to your move in date a rogers rep will call you and schedule an appointment with you to get everything connected (sorry I lost the number of the rep that is dealing with us). if M1 is ready M2 will be as well. REMEMBER YOU GET 3 MONTHS FREE!!

Thanks for all the responses Flaco7. It is really appreciated. I move in a week (next Thursday) so I will try to help you out then with any remaining questions people have once I move in too.

In the meantime I have one more for you. I've never received a call from rogers and would really like to get that 3 months free deal too so I wa hoping you could remember who you spoke to or if there is a specific offer code they gave you since it is a crapshoot when you call 1-888-Rogers1.

Thanks again for all your help!

P.S. I really hope I get some decent cell phone reception since I was planning on doing without a home phone but I guess that may have to change. I'll probably just get VOIP or magic jack or one of those cheap ones worse comes to worse.

Panel is in the laundry room (for me anyways), there are tons of outlets on the walls, my bedroom has 3 and the living dinning room has like 4. the dean has 3 more, kitchen has 2, bathrooms have each, Balcony has an outlet but no light unless you are on the first floor.

at least the balcony has an outlet... i was concerned it wouldnt have either.

Does anyone know about the MAIL pick-up? I have visited the 2800 Keele St (and Wilson) Canada Post office today at about 11:30am and everything is CLOSED??? Huh?? There was a sign indicated that this location is closed and that there are other branches near by. So, I went to the nearest location around the corner and they told me they are OPEN? They just have short business hours?? Then, later this afternoon I called Canada Post and they had NO IDEA if the location is open or not and there is no direct number to call? I spoke to a supervisor and she will call me back hopefully by Friday. Does anyone know how we go about picking up our mail? I am asking because I have started to change my home address to the new one. Please advise!!!!! THANKS :)

Joe

call the property mgr

Panel is in the laundry room (for me anyways), there are tons of outlets on the walls, my bedroom has 3 and the living dinning room has like 4. the dean has 3 more, kitchen has 2, bathrooms have each, Balcony has an outlet but no light unless you are on the first floor.

Where's the cable outlet? I have the electrical wiring floorplan given to me by the design centre but I dont know how the cable outlet looks. Does anyone?

Bought a kickass tv last night and just want to make sure it will go where I had intended it to go for the past 3 YEARS!!!!! haha.

Where's the cable outlet? I have the electrical wiring floorplan given to me by the design centre but I dont know how the cable outlet looks. Does anyone?

Bought a kickass tv last night and just want to make sure it will go where I had intended it to go for the past 3 YEARS!!!!! haha.

just a heads up, the drawings they had at the design centre may still not match your finished layout.

i had them call the builder to confirm a detail and they had someone go into my unit to confirm that while it was on paper in the sales centre AND design centre, it wasn't the case in reality.

bottom line, until you move in, don't assume anything or expect ANYTHING to be exactly what you've been picturing all this time

just a heads up, the drawings they had at the design centre may still not match your finished layout.

i had them call the builder to confirm a detail and they had someone go into my unit to confirm that while it was on paper in the sales centre AND design centre, it wasn't the case in reality.

bottom line, until you move in, don't assume anything or expect ANYTHING to be exactly what you've been picturing all this time

well, there goes 3 years of my life!!!!hahaha. Thanks, col

well, there goes 3 years of my life!!!!hahaha. Thanks, col

i know right? lol no worries though, just trying to share my experiences

i've done everything in my power to not let myself start getting excited and start making plans.... i haven't bought one piece of furniture yet knowing that it's probably best not to make any plans until i can actually see the place, take measurements, etc.

2.5 years of trying not to get ahead of myself. YUCK!

I'm in M1 and I have rogers here, cable and internet. cellphone reception sucks inside my unit :(

I have learned that calling rogers sometimes doesn't work. Just know that 2 weeks prior to your move in date a rogers rep will call you and schedule an appointment with you to get everything connected (sorry I lost the number of the rep that is dealing with us). if M1 is ready M2 will be as well. REMEMBER YOU GET 3 MONTHS FREE!!

Bad cellphone reception? Crap... that sucks... I was hoping to use my cell as my main phone... I hope they can fix that once the buildings are completed...

Flaco7 if you don't mind another question - for the 3 months free promo, is it a no-contract promo? At the end of the 3 months, we're not obligated to keep staying with Rogers or anything? A friend of mine downtown had the same promo contract-free, but another person I know had signed up for the promo thinking the same, only to find out that he had to pay a fee to get out of Rogers after the 3 months was up.

I'm with Bell right now and if it's easier I'd rather just transfer my current connection to the condo, but hey - if it's for free and no strings attached, I'd like to take advantage of it first...

The weird thing is... I don't move in for another month and a half and the Rogers people called me already...
@GPalltheway here's the number that was left for me (Although the rep is on holiday until July 19th, but she leaves a number for her replacement in her voice mail - sorry I didn't take it down): 416-441-4494

Thanks everyone for all your help! Good luck to all!

i've done everything in my power to not let myself start getting excited and start making plans.... i haven't bought one piece of furniture yet knowing that it's probably best not to make any plans until i can actually see the place, take measurements, etc.

I did the same, just bought stuff for kitchen, bathroom. Last week I got a new mattress, holding off on the bed, and a television! Everything else will fall into place after moving in.

Hi :) I move in 23 days from today and NO one from Rogers contacted me ;-( That's too bad. I was really hoping for a DEAL. I'll wait another week or two before getting cable and Internet.

As for the Canada Post problem, I arrived at 8am this morning and it WAS OPEN. Stranger but true. They lady there had mail for me - in the 1070 Sheppard Ave, building but she did not give me any mail as I did not have proper ID. She said a valid driver's license is okay with the new address on it, BUT I explianed to her that it has my old adress on it. Anyway, she said to bring in the deed or mortgage papers as "proof" of address + a valid photo ID to claim your mail. ALSO, she mentioned NOT to go on Mondays as they are extremely busy. Sometimes they close before 11am (CRAZY, I know) :-( Therefore, to get your mail arrive anytime between 8-11am. I hope this information helps some of you out!!

Take care,

Joe

Hi :) I move in 23 days from today and NO one from Rogers contacted me ;-( That's too bad. I was really hoping for a DEAL. I'll wait another week or two before getting cable and Internet.

As for the Canada Post problem, I arrived at 8am this morning and it WAS OPEN. Stranger but true. They lady there had mail for me - in the 1070 Sheppard Ave, building but she did not give me any mail as I did not have proper ID. She said a valid driver's license is okay with the new address on it, BUT I explianed to her that it has my old adress on it. Anyway, she said to bring in the deed or mortgage papers as "proof" of address + a valid photo ID to claim your mail. ALSO, she mentioned NOT to go on Mondays as they are extremely busy. Sometimes they close before 11am (CRAZY, I know) :-( Therefore, to get your mail arrive anytime between 8-11am. I hope this information helps some of you out!!

Take care,

Joe

Thanks for the info. I was going to go in today.

Agree with this. remember my floor plan actually changes. was quite upset about this!!! once I saw the floor plan I ran to buy furniture. good luck with furniture!!!

Back