News   Jul 10, 2024
 171     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 978     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.9K     4 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

For those who have moved into the M1 (or M2) buiding can you offer some suggestions on how to obtain all the necessary papers/documents needed prior to the move in date?

I also wanted to THANK everyone for their updates, ideas, and questions. I am especially happy that there was a posting about the $2 Million dollar Liabilty coverage. When I set mine up it only covers $1M. I was not told this. I was told that $1M is the standard, not $2M. Regardless, I changed it to the $2M just to make sure. Thanks once again :)

Joe

I called rogers to set up an appointment for installation, and they said that 1070 sheppard is tentatively scheduled to start service in Nov!! Did anyone in M1 have this issue? Nov seems very far. There is no way I will be without net for 2 and a half months.

I also wanted to THANK everyone for their updates, ideas, and questions. I am especially happy that there was a posting about the $2 Million dollar Liabilty coverage. When I set mine up it only covers $1M. I was not told this. I was told that $1M is the standard, not $2M. Regardless, I changed it to the $2M just to make sure. Thanks once again :)

Joe

I was a little shocked about this too. It seems that there are a quite a few things that we need to have figured out before they give us they keys that they aren't really telling us about in advance. The only reason my lawyer knew about this is because she has other clients that have moved into M1 already.

I called rogers to set up an appointment for installation, and they said that 1070 sheppard is tentatively scheduled to start service in Nov!! Did anyone in M1 have this issue? Nov seems very far. There is no way I will be without net for 2 and a half months.

no cable or internet until november? jeeeeeeez

come on parking spot 1A!

I called State Farm this morning about the insurance and when I said 2mil content they assured me I was mistaken and that I MUST mean liability.

Well I really hope my lawyer doesn't send me a bill for her time about informing me about the wrong type of insurance :)

I guess we're getting 3G sticks for a few months?

Another question for Flaco: is there a light on the balcony? What about a power outlet?

Panel is in the laundry room (for me anyways), there are tons of outlets on the walls, my bedroom has 3 and the living dinning room has like 4. the dean has 3 more, kitchen has 2, bathrooms have each, Balcony has an outlet but no light unless you are on the first floor.

Hi, M2 here and no I have not heard from my lawyer. I actually called him this week and he told me not to worry or panic and that all the paper work should be given to him a few days before. He'll need to read it and go over everything, then papers need to be signed and delivered. My move in date is Aug. 6th, and he said perhaps I will see him on the 5th or 4th? (The sooner the better I hope)!!

you will see your lawyer 3-5 days before you move in, I saw mine 3 days before. it is the norm. Welcome to the real estate world. Don't blame your lawyer its just the way it works. no point in stressing over it. just relax and know your lawyer will courier things over the same day if needed.

Does anyone know about the MAIL pick-up? I have visited the 2800 Keele St (and Wilson) Canada Post office today at about 11:30am and everything is CLOSED??? Huh?? There was a sign indicated that this location is closed and that there are other branches near by. So, I went to the nearest location around the corner and they told me they are OPEN? They just have short business hours?? Then, later this afternoon I called Canada Post and they had NO IDEA if the location is open or not and there is no direct number to call? I spoke to a supervisor and she will call me back hopefully by Friday. Does anyone know how we go about picking up our mail? I am asking because I have started to change my home address to the new one. Please advise!!!!! THANKS :)

Joe

HAHA, That sucks. I will investigate on this on Monday since I will be getting something mailed there :S
for now 95% of my mail is still going to my old address and I will keep it that way for now.

For those who have moved into the M1 (or M2) buiding can you offer some suggestions on how to obtain all the necessary papers/documents needed prior to the move in date?

From your lawyer is the only way. nothing you can do. just relax, I know its hard to do. but your lawyer wants your money so they will get everything a week prior to.

I was a little shocked about this too. It seems that there are a quite a few things that we need to have figured out before they give us they keys that they aren't really telling us about in advance. The only reason my lawyer knew about this is because she has other clients that have moved into M1 already.

All builders like talking to lawyers instead of us. its just how they operate. I see this everyday at work. so it is your lawyers job to inform you about things like this. and if your lawyer deals with tons of new condos they will be informed more than lawyers that only deal with resale/

I'm in M1 and I have rogers here, cable and internet. cellphone reception sucks inside my unit :(

I have learned that calling rogers sometimes doesn't work. Just know that 2 weeks prior to your move in date a rogers rep will call you and schedule an appointment with you to get everything connected (sorry I lost the number of the rep that is dealing with us). if M1 is ready M2 will be as well. REMEMBER YOU GET 3 MONTHS FREE!!

I guess we're getting 3G sticks for a few months?

Don't get a stick. I hear nothing but horrible things and the reception inside your unit might not be great. I need to stand by the window to make a call. Sticks = 2 or 3 year contract for very little data

Back