524     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 432     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 638     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Question on Finishes

I hope this is allowed...

I just went for my finishes selection and snapped some shots of the show rooms and selections.

Standard Kitchen
DSC01673.jpg

Standard Sink with Built-in Vegetable Spray
DSC01676.jpg

Stanless Steel Upgrade Kitchen
DSC01674.jpg

Standard Bathroom
DSC01678.jpg

Cabinet Handle Selections
DSC01667.jpg

Cornice Molding (for those in penthouse levels)
DSC01670.jpg

Backsplash Upgrade Options
DSC01681.jpg

What'd you all decide on? Although my appointment isn't until next week I dropped by as I was in the neighborhood and wanted to take a look-see. The salesperson forewarned me that they would not be able to ask questions and interact as they were conducting a scheduled appointment, which is fine as that was the original expectation they set with me.

I'd like to get a better feel for what others have chosen. I'm thinking the extra tall kitchen cabinets for the 9 foot ceiling, and perhaps an upgraded kitchen counter top as the standard looks very fragile...it needs a thicker edge at least to give it a hardier look.

What'd you all decide on? Although my appointment isn't until next week I dropped by as I was in the neighborhood and wanted to take a look-see. The salesperson forewarned me that they would not be able to ask questions and interact as they were conducting a scheduled appointment, which is fine as that was the original expectation they set with me.

I'd like to get a better feel for what others have chosen. I'm thinking the extra tall kitchen cabinets for the 9 foot ceiling, and perhaps an upgraded kitchen counter top as the standard looks very fragile...it needs a thicker edge at least to give it a hardier look.

I took the kitchen you didn't snap a photo of lol.

The 40 inch uppers are pricey, but probably look great. The extra thick kitchen counter is pricey as well, and I couldnt justify the price for the were asking.

buyers

is there a buyers link so those of us who have bought can converse... I looked at the pics of the choices and I am going to have a hard time... not impressed.... can I opt out and bring in my own cabinets and floor? I already upgraded to ss appliances as per the penthouse even thou not on that floor... but i need something that will add to resale value.. I am hoping to live there a couple years but want to have a good market advantage later on.
I am in M3 so my move in date is just a vision at this time... hopefully there will be some model suites to walk thru to get a feel of the environment.

The 40 inch uppers are pricey, but probably look great. The extra thick kitchen counter is pricey as well, and I couldnt justify the price for the were asking.

I guess the penthouse levels got a pretty good deal as all of those upgrades are included - plus undermount sinks, cornice moulding, ss appliances & hardwood flooring. I was not impressed with the standard kitchen showroom they had and I cringed at how much some of these upgrades would've costed...

Mostly kept to something from the standard selections - but then I have the fortunate advantage of having a lot of upgrades already included since I'm on one of the penthouse levels.

I stuck to dark woods & light tiles because the other lighter tones from the standard selections looked really REALLY cheap... I actually did get the same granite counter seen in the photo of the standard kitchen showroom I put up since I thought it would look nice with the dark cabinets - but I'm lucky I'll be getting the double-D edge counters included... I agree, they look thin and flimsy as is.

I guess the penthouse levels got a pretty good deal as all of those upgrades are included - plus undermount sinks, cornice moulding, ss appliances & hardwood flooring. I was not impressed with the standard kitchen showroom they had and I cringed at how much some of these upgrades would've costed...

haha, I doubt it dude! I got all of the above and it would never compare to the inflated 2007 prices they were throwing around way back when. I'll glady swap numbers if you want. Its a matter of squeezing the most you can out of a rock, and it seemed that the design studio bled a little more than the sales people :)

haha, I doubt it dude! I got all of the above and it would never compare to the inflated 2007 prices they were throwing around way back when. I'll glady swap numbers if you want. Its a matter of squeezing the most you can out of a rock, and it seemed that the design studio bled a little more than the sales people :)

LOL - well then, dude, allow me to correct myself - I guess I got a good deal - due to some yet-unannounced changes and lucky timing on my part.

Either way, the costs for these upgrades are ridiculous so perhaps those on the fence about upgrading or not, doing-it-yourself might be a better option in the long run.

LOL - well then, dude, allow me to correct myself - I guess I got a good deal - due to some yet-unannounced changes and lucky timing on my part.

Well that changes things doesnt it? Now you dont have to be all defensive since you threw a curve ball into the equation.

Either way, the costs for these upgrades are ridiculous so perhaps those on the fence about upgrading or not, doing-it-yourself might be a better option in the long run.

I agree 10 fold on the price, but that is the nature of the beast in pre-construction in boom times.

The Upgrade prices are insane, but the way I look at it is if you want to be stress free for a while once you move in do what will make you hapy now and this way you will not have to worry about construction down the road. I have had too many bad experiences with contractors. now if you know suppliers and know people in the ndustry getting it done after is a great option. in the end People do what makes you happy. I did some small upgrades and if you want prices let me know.

Here is my kitchen more or less. Did give in to the girlfriend and get the undermounted sink.

Attachments

• liberty_design_studio_contemporary_styling_Liberty_DesignStudio_Kitchen_StainlessSteel.jpg
    liberty_design_studio_contemporary_styling_Liberty_DesignStudio_Kitchen_StainlessSteel.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
flaco-what are the upgrades in your kitchen or is the whole thing an upgrade? also how much did the undermount cost? i dont go in for my design choices for another month!!

flaco-what are the upgrades in your kitchen or is the whole thing an upgrade? also how much did the undermount cost? i dont go in for my design choices for another month!!

the entire kitchen in the picture is an upgrade. the undermount goes from what I remember about 800, I may be wrong.

Back