News   Jul 10, 2024
 328     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 502     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.3K     2 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

I originally bought a Samsung LED 7000 3D tv, but returned it for the Plasma 3D. Great sale going on at Futureshop for this one and Plasma does a much better job with 3D right now and colours in general.

3D movies at your place!!!

"Well, I don't want to give the impression that I'm not excited, because I am. I just wanted to know if anyone had the same concerns I had with respect to location. I would love to know what these other developments are you are referring to. I haven't seen or heard anything nearby. But perhaps I wasn't looking at the right spot. At any rate, I have no intention to sell before i could at least break even on the place."

I was mainly thinking of the development on the allen rd. side of downsview park (http://downsviewpark.ca/eng/illustrations.shtml) as well as the subway... both of which will be huge factors in bringing up property value in the area as well as spurring on more development, each and west on sheppard as well as within downsview park on the allen rd. side

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I certainly appreciate enthusiasm for the buildings and the sense of community present in this thread.

Yeah, when I purchased, I felt that the area had a lot going for it, and it would certainly be ready to be a nice little condo hub in some time. Centrally located, with immediate subway access and right by the 401. Seemed like a no brainer to me. I certainly hope that once this apparent condo over-supply situation sorts itself out, more action happens in the area. That to me is the key here. I guess I thought that by now there would be more evidence of that. More projects ramping up to finish around the time the subway expansion is ready.

Its a 1 bedroom in M1 on the top floor. Apparently they had trouble selling some of the larger penthouse suites, and split up a few to create several 1 bedroom units.

Well, I don't want to give the impression that I'm not excited, because I am. I just wanted to know if anyone had the same concerns I had with respect to location. I would love to know what these other developments are you are referring to. I haven't seen or heard anything nearby. But perhaps I wasn't looking at the right spot. At any rate, I have no intention to sell before i could at least break even on the place.

Thats really encouraging. What is your basis for that? How long ago did you buy?

Thanks again!

Hey, The area is great. I'm already living in M1 and I love it. I work downtown and it only takes me 30 minutes to get to work.

Take a look at this http://www.downsviewpark.ca/eng/illustrations.shtml it is the future of our area. Also there will be a go station close to us. the area is growing, Just drive by sheppart east of allen and you will see the development. Also you know the IDOMO parking lot. in the near future that will also become a condo (as per city plans).

Hopefully you will find a fast way to and from work.

Also I snuck into the penthouse floor and those views of the city are just amazing!!!

Weird that you'd need to give them the De Boers address even though you're in M2 - hope the technicians don't get confused... Glad the problem with M2/Rogers is solved now though - Free Cable/Internet for all!

That's correct - your mortgage doesn't kick in until the unit actually becomes yours (i.e. when the building registers) so you have the time in between to still shop around for your mortgage.

On a similar note, for those using their RRSPs I know there's a T1036 form from the government that we're supposed to fill out (http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1036/)... has anyone gone through this process yet? I assume this also doesn't need to be done until the just prior to the building getting registered...

This form has more to do with the bank releasing your money and filing income taxes. Not hard to fill out. Ask if you have any questions

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I certainly appreciate enthusiasm for the buildings and the sense of community present in this thread.

Yeah, when I purchased, I felt that the area had a lot going for it, and it would certainly be ready to be a nice little condo hub in some time. Centrally located, with immediate subway access and right by the 401. Seemed like a no brainer to me. I certainly hope that once this apparent condo over-supply situation sorts itself out, more action happens in the area. That to me is the key here. I guess I thought that by now there would be more evidence of that. More projects ramping up to finish around the time the subway expansion is ready.

Its a 1 bedroom in M1 on the top floor. Apparently they had trouble selling some of the larger penthouse suites, and split up a few to create several 1 bedroom units.

Well, I don't want to give the impression that I'm not excited, because I am. I just wanted to know if anyone had the same concerns I had with respect to location. I would love to know what these other developments are you are referring to. I haven't seen or heard anything nearby. But perhaps I wasn't looking at the right spot. At any rate, I have no intention to sell before i could at least break even on the place.

Thats really encouraging. What is your basis for that? How long ago did you buy?

Thanks again!

I bought in Sept 2007. I've just seen them listed places for over $400/sq ft and the other buildings have increased pricing as well.

keys are picked up from the site office or from our lawyers?

I have an email from my lawyer and she usually sees the keys being distributed by the site office.

Please confirm.

Thanks guys.

keys are picked up from the site office or from our lawyers?

I have an email from my lawyer and she usually sees the keys being distributed by the site office.

Please confirm.

Thanks guys.

Site office from the PROP manager for the keys is correct.

And I guess you wont enjoy the movie as much!!!!

Back