News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Not sure where she got it from but with the info supplied by dude1982 i think she misinterpreted the expiring contracts of contractors on May 1st as a possible strike.
She's also my aunt so i will give her the benefit of the doubt.

I move in the day after you on the 6th floor as well :)

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but I have been lurking around for a few months because I have bought a unit in M1, 6th floor. I'm slated to move in Jul 12.

I spoke to my cousin, who is a foreman on the site, and he said he didn't know anything about a strike. He said contracts for some trades are up May 1st, but said he did not hear anything about a strike threat from workers.

Also, he said there is a "push" to at least get the first 8 floors moved in so the developer can get some money. Although we will be paying just an occupancy fee. However I don't care, I just want out of my parents house and move into my place! The rough-in for these floors are done.

Did people who are closing earlier than August lock in their mortgage rates since its the 120 day cap?

Im moving early August and doing my 120 cap early next week. Any people wanna brag about their rates?

Did people who are closing earlier than August lock in their mortgage rates since its the 120 day cap?

Im moving early August and doing my 120 cap early next week. Any people wanna brag about their rates?

Hey everyone, I dont think it will be a good Idea to lock in your rate just yet as we dont know if it will take 3 months or 6 months for the building to get registered.

to brag I locked in my rate for the builder package with TD & RBC with a CSD of June 01-2009 that was when rates where at 5.25 for a 5 year. that was the lowest they got. in any case I still recomend for everyone to just get a variable rate!!!!!

you got any questions on rates dont hesitate to ask I work for the MTG dept at RBC!!!

Let's not talk about any striking rumors, otherwise i'll be more than happy to move in and sleep on a concrete floor.

ok totally dumb question so bear with me: I'll be in M3, closing date of June 2011, when should I look around for mortgage rates? I got pre-approved by TD (contact from the sales lady) but not going with them since the rate was 7.5%! Should I go with a broker or look around on my own? When should I start? I heard rates were starting to rise. thanks!!

ok totally dumb question so bear with me: I'll be in M3, closing date of June 2011, when should I look around for mortgage rates? I got pre-approved by TD (contact from the sales lady) but not going with them since the rate was 7.5%! Should I go with a broker or look around on my own? When should I start? I heard rates were starting to rise. thanks!!

Hey greentea,

I recommend you wait. most banks will give you a 120 day rate. unless you find a bank that will give you a builder package on this site. talk to your bank and see if they can commit a rate for you 'till 2011. most small institutions like ING will not give you longer rate periods.

I contacted other TD manager for mortgage approval instead of using TD representative from builder. I can get the rate locked for 2 years and the rate is based on post rate-1%.:)

Back