News   Jun 21, 2024
 3.8K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.6K     1 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Thanks for keeping us updated, longtimelistener!

I've been dying without a/c last night!!!! Whatever happened, I hope that it won't happen again. I feel so bad for the security guard who was working last night. The lobby was packed with people complaining. We all know that he was doing the best that he could and his anxiety level must be so high.

around 11PM last night I went down to the lobby just to confirm the problem was the building and not my particular unit... when I got there it was PACKED with frustrated people. as soon as I saw this it was obvious that the problem was with the building so i just went back upstairs. nothing the concierge could do, the power was gonna be back when it was gonna be back (and since it was a sunday evening, i knew nothing would be fixed until the morning). anyways I really didn't see a need to get even more frustrated at a problem nobody could fix that instant

anyways, it's just funny how many people went to complain to the concierge about a problem he had no control over

the situation sucked, but there wasn't anything we could do about it but sleep naked on our balconies (to keep cool)

Let's ask Rob Ford if there's any money to do that... :rolleyes: We'd have to go through the city for that one.

So, where will the first accident be? The incoming lane at the top of the garage, or the top of the ramp to P3? Place your bets NOW!!!

First accident I saw was when some dude flew up the ramp from P3 to P2 and refused to look at the mirror. Luckily he avoided my truck, the wall not so much!

around 11PM last night I went down to the lobby just to confirm the problem was the building and not my particular unit... when I got there it was PACKED with frustrated people. as soon as I saw this it was obvious that the problem was with the building so i just went back upstairs. nothing the concierge could do, the power was gonna be back when it was gonna be back (and since it was a sunday evening, i knew nothing would be fixed until the morning). anyways I really didn't see a need to get even more frustrated at a problem nobody could fix that instant

anyways, it's just funny how many people went to complain to the concierge about a problem he had no control over

the situation sucked, but there wasn't anything we could do about it but sleep naked on our balconies (to keep cool)

It really was a good night to be on the balcony... I found it a little too windy for the nakedness, but power to you!

I felt awful for security. The first time I walked past them, she thanked me for not asking them about it. I got to know Eric though, who was on one of his first shifts in our building. I couldn't believe the way some people were talking to him. He really did EVERYTHING he could. His job was to be on Toronto Hydro and Speedy Electrical's case. He did that. Toronto Hydro had other problems, they came, the problem was out of their hands, they left. He called Speedy's 24 hour hotline. Either it wasn't 24 hours, or they had other problems too, but they weren't sending anyone. Finally the technician showed at 6:45am. Until he did, Eric (and the security in M1 too) kept calling. In between calls, and even during, he had people coming down to the front desk and bothering him about the power, and the heat, and the food, and this, and that... And if not coming down, calling... And he's trying to call Speedy and write his report before Doreen our weekday guard got here.

What can we take from this? First of all, kudos to Liberty that the elevators, parking doors and security cameras were still working the whole time. Next time we have a meeting, maybe people should be made aware of who does what in our building so we know who any anger should be directed at. As long as the security guard writes a good report, and management is able to follow up on it, we can determine where the fault lies in an 11 hour outage, and if there are any steps we need to take. And we can determine if security was at any fault or if management was at any fault too, but the worst thing for security was just getting overloaded from all the complaints that they couldn't handle.

Also, the problem was just in M2. M1 had their lights on, and according to Toronto Hydro the problem was somewhere between the hydro box and the building.

i don't know exactly what they are doing at Idomo, but i am fairly certain it has nothing to do with work on M3/M4. It looks like they are working on the facade to the Idomo building. Anyways, Idomo parking lot is private property so it might not be the best strategy to assume you will always have access to it. there is a way to cut over to Allen without having to make a left. not sure if this is a better solution for you, but here it goes:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=12...YSwmwIdBnVD-w&mra=dme&mrsp=2&sz=17&via=1&z=16

Turn on Chesswood & drive trough the California sandwich parking lot and you will save another 3 minutes & will have an excuse to get a sandwich!!

Back