News   Jul 31, 2024
 700     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 526     0 

Luxury Car Rental?

MetroMan

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm going to an function up in the bridal path, invited as the "date" of a client of mine. It's purely professional but I'll be picking her up. At this function, guests will be arriving in Bentley's, Porsches, Lamborguinis, Ferrari's.... I don't want to show up in a Toyota Corolla. :p

Does anybody have any experience with renting an impressive car in Toronto? The least I can do is a Porsche but I'd love the opportunity to drive a Ferrari. :D

I recall trying to rent a Ferrari with some friends when I was younger back in Spain. They wanted something like a $200,000 deposit on a Platinum card...

Hopefully somebody can give me advice and I pray that the requirements are lower than back in Spain.

The 162 bus runs close by. What better way to arrive than on a $750,000 Orion VII?

With your own driver to boot!

Seriously, I don't know. I've rented cars before, but always got a cheapo compact (not only that, but saves gas). I know even the standard auto rental places have higher-end models, like sport cars and SUVs and 'luxury' cars, but nothing like a Ferrari.

But even this being the Bridle Path, a new BMW, Lexus or Caddy will do you fine. There are sensible rich people ot there.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice guys. The $750,000 Orion got me cracking up. lol...

I settled on a Hummer H3. I'm getting it for a clean $45 p/day from an Enterprise that I rent very often from. I couldn't have gotten a better deal.

I wish I could rent a Ferrari but so far, all the exotic car rental places ask for between a $10,000 and $50,000 deposit.

The H3 isn't a luxury automobile, but it is definitely impressive looking and will fit in well along with the other cars.

"lol... look at the new guy who thinks he's a smartass"

Relax. He has a legitimate point. A Hummer H3 is not a luxury vehicle - it is a crass means of transport from a more ostentatious age that shows the driver's disregard for the environment and society - things that people with wealth increasingly try to distance themselves from. If it cost a bargain to rent, there's probably a good reason.

If you care about your image - and you obviously do, because you were concerned about renting a luxury car to impress your clients - you would actually have been better off with the Toyota Corolla.

There are car-centric people and those who aren't and all along the spectrum. My high school reunion... a few guys stationed themselves watching the cars pull in and assigned awesomeness scores to arrivals based on make of car driven, only partly in jest. My daughter... a hand me down Camry that offends all comers - and a complete professional.:)

Thanks for all the advice guys. The $750,000 Orion got me cracking up. lol...

All you need is the $300,000 accessory to that Orion VII to out-do everyone else. Of course, I speak of the Abrams heavy-duty tow-truck that is often found in its native environment, hauling Orion VIIs to their garage.

The event was last night and it all worked out. There were several Hummers there along with some of the most incredible cars you could lay your eyes on.

My intention wasn't to impress my client -- she knows I'm not filthy rich. The intention was to simply not show up to the type of function we were going to in a golf cart by comparison.

Full disclosure here: I don't even drive. I live and work downtown so I walk everywhere by choice. My place came with a garage spot that sits empty. I rent whenever I really do need a car and that's worked out just fine: no ongoing maintenance costs and hassles, no insurance costs. I love it.

The Hummer was indeed a bargain but it did fit in: it's not exactly an inexpensive car... It is listed on many of the exotic car websites for $140-$160 per day. I just happened to leverage my long relationship with my local Enterprise and they got one for me for $45.

My client seemed to like it. She asked to drive it on the way back. :)

Anyway, thanks to those of you who directed me to the right websites. Now I know where to go when I wanna indulge in a joy ride in a Porsche or Ferrari.

The H3 is the least exclusive and cheapest Hummer, priced at the level of the cheapest BMWs, so it's good to hear it was far from a disaster showing up in one. In fact, you could buy 3 of them for the price of a nicely optioned Porsche 911.

Back