Toronto Love Park | 3m | 1s | City of Toronto | CCxA

If the City cannot even keep the water in a tiny pond clean, what do you think they're doing with thousands of your tax dollars every year?
You truly are a very strange person! Though the City are NOT very good at maintaining things, this 'pond' was opened about a week ago and having some teething problems with the technical things that presumably can be adjusted and fine-tuned (e.g. filtering/disinfecting of the water) is to be expected, everywhere.

You truly are a very strange person! Though the City are NOT very good at maintaining things, this 'pond' was opened about a week ago and having some teething problems with the technical things that presumably can be adjusted and fine-tuned (e.g. filtering/disinfecting of the water) is to be expected, everywhere.

So because I don't like the pond I'm a strange person?
So of course everyone who has a different opinion than you is "strange" right?
Is name calling allowed in these forums?

Reported for name-calling and personal insult

If you think that I'm a strange person for having a different opinion, you should block me to not see any of my posts

So because I don't like the pond I'm a strange person?
So of course everyone who has a different opinion than you is "strange" right?
Is name calling allowed in these forums?
I think it's more related to the conspiracy-esque vibe of your comment. It comes off as just ominous and vague enough as to not actually hold any weight. At least that was my interpretation.

You can have a mature conversation about people's points of view and critique their points of view, without calling the person themselves names or personal insults

If the City cannot even keep the water in a tiny pond clean, what do you think they're doing with thousands of your tax dollars every year?
Please stop hyperventilating. Mechanical systems fail, particularly during commissioning. It will be corrected soon.

Reported for name-calling and personal insult

If you think that I'm a strange person for having a different opinion, you should block me to not see any of my posts

That's really over sensitive.

This is the definition of the word strange:

1689269036648.png

Surely, if your views surprise someone, and are clearly anomalous from the majority view expressed in the thread, strange would seem apt.

Frankly, strange can be inferred as a compliment, whether or not it was so intended here. But it really just means anomalous or out the ordinary.

I've worn that badge with pride from time to time. Regardless, I think that's a mis-use of the report function. @DSC was clearly expressing befuddlement at your takes in this thread.

I think it's fair to say many here are equally confounded.

Last edited:
The arguing over this is ridiculous to say the least. It's just temporary growing pains of a new pond. No one outside of this board cares about some debris build up in the water.

Love Park is a fantastic addition to the city and the water issues will be sorted out.

And I got some charming pictures of The Pond when there were white petals floating in it. Like a Lorena McKinnett album cover! 😆

yea, i don't really get the argument here. the park is brand new, there are issues to work out same with most things that are brand new. If in a few years from now, the heart is dry, sculptures are destroyed, and there's a "out of order" pylon sitting around indefinitely, then maybe this can be a great reflection on the city of Toronto maintenance. For now though? it's brand new and there's a problem that will be fixed.

Reactions: AHK

Back