News   Apr 25, 2024
 355     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Looking for work - Could use a hand with leads/input.

jn_12

Member Bio
Reaction score
So I am getting a bit desperate to find work. Sent out 100+ resumes since the end of September when my previous contract expired. I have had 5 or 6 interviews for part-time work over the last month but unfortunately every potential employer is scared off by my Masters degree and the prospect of finding work in my own field. If I don't find anything by the end of the month I will have to move out of the GTA and back home to my parents' place a few hours away, which wouldn't really be optimal for someone trying to break into the planning field.

I figured it wouldn't hurt to post something and see if anyone has any leads for anything (pretty much open to anything at this point). I'm just looking for something that can pay rent and allow me to stay in the city to continue volunteering and making contacts in my field.

As some of you on here know I have a Masters in Urban Planning and a BA in Politics. I have 2 years of municipal and provincial experience in public policy and urban planning. Along with urban planning, I have a background in heritage preservation and tourism. I also have around 5 years of customer service experience having worked in the airline and hospitality industries along with a recent stint working for the Blue Jays. I feel like I have plenty to offer and it's frustrating not being able to contribute.

I really love being in Toronto and the thought of having to leave to go back to a dying town I haven't lived in in 10 years is rather depressing. If anyone has any leads, wants to take a look at my resume to give me some pointers, or whatever, it would be appreciated. It'd be particularly nice to hear from people in the Planning Field as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:
what kind of work can you do? And what is your name? Im an architectural designer and owns a design firm.

Back