225     0 
News   Sep 12, 2024
 962     0 

Looking for people to take part in a short documentary project

mpierro

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm beginning work on a short doc about people's relationships to their homes and neighborhoods. I'm looking for people who are living in, or recently left, buildings that are soon to be demolished or redeveloped to share their stories. Not being really sure where to look, i figured this was a pretty good place to start.

If any of you know someone or someplace that is going through this process, please get in touch. I want to hear your stories!

Also any suggestions for other resources are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Marginalized people being uprooted out of Regent Park while blocks are rebuilt could provide for some interesting subjects.

Yeah, for sure. I had heard about that a while ago. For some reason I thought it had already happened.

That's going to be a long-term project. Still many years to go before the project is built out.

Offhand you could also go to Sheppard/Don Mills, where a number of old rental units are being replaced, as well as Mount Dennis, where the city is currently planning to expropriate a number of homes for the Eglinton LRT. I'm sure you'd get co-operation in Mount Dennis, given how angry the residents are about the entire plan

Back