News   Aug 27, 2024
 818     2 
News   Aug 27, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Aug 27, 2024
 549     0 

Long Live - Liberal! Feb Holiday!

why family day?

i feel sorry for the poor bastards that make it through christmas, new years & valentines day without committing suicide that are gonna have to put up with this bullshit too.

can they make any more holidays that highlight peoples aloneness in the dead of winter when there is no happy sun around?

why couldn't they call it "don't figgen kill yourself, spring is almost around the corner" day?

liberals should focus on some real issues imo, but i think they won't be hurt by Broken Promises this time....they didn't promise much this time.

However, i would not mind a Feb Holiday....

Anything to miss a day of class...

liberals should focus on some real issues imo, but i think they won't be hurt by Broken Promises this time....they didn't promise much this time.

However, i would not mind a Feb Holiday....

Anything to miss a day of class...

Besides the $20 billion in transit projects, they didn't promise much. Does this mean we'll be closing our community centres on Mondays and cutting transit routes now?

Yeah, more money for transit than we've ever spent in history. That's not much.

The Liberal platform actually included 71 commitments, many of them quite interesting and exciting. Of course, the media would never report on those. Fortunately the single issue they latched on to this time crucified the Tories. Did you see a single mention of the fact that the Liberals promised to add dental care to medicare for low-income people?

i am seeing increasing parallels with Dalton and Chretien....

they are easy going keep it chilling leaders who faced poor competition.

That what Dalton will be. After a very uneasy first year he settled down, did some stuff here and there. Faced poor competition in elections get re-elected and now has not promised much. So he won't really face that broken promises problem in this term.

I'm also seeing parallel's between McGuinty and Davis. If he plays this right, he's given Ontario sort of what Ontario likes. A middle of the road party that manages the economy well, has little flash and keeps a low profile.

McGuinty has also probably shifted Ontario's "natural governing party" from the PC's to the Liberals (with a little help fom Tory/Eves stupidity and the not-so-fondly remembered Harris legacy).

Sorry to hear your negative attitude toward a new holiday, Supremo. The Feb. holiday is already in effect in B.C. and Alberta. It's a day when you could hopefully crawl out of the hole many of us seem to inhabit during the winter months, and get out into the sun.

As for the election result, many opinions have been voiced, most of which I have to agree with. What a tragic figure John Tory presents, somewhat like a Shakespearian character. Foiled mainly by his own weaknesses.

The Liberals presented a number of flaws which could have been exploited. In addition, Tory, who knows Toronto inside and out, could have been the first Conservative leader in a while to bring forward a thoughtful and comprehensive urban strategy, and actually garner support in the 416. Instead he went charging off on an issue which would attract support from, what, 5% of the population, and antipathy from 50% or more. Intentionally or not it became not just a plank, but the main plank of his campaign. What was he thinking?

Sorry to hear your negative attitude toward a new holiday, Supremo.

i like the holiday part. they could have chose a better name IMO. besides, i wasn't being too serious about my rant/joke but i'm sure it will effect some people that way.

If someone is gonna commit suicide about a day off in February, then they are destined to commit suicide, regardless.

I plan to use the new holiday to sleep in and avoid family.

BC and other provinces already get the day off so Ontario is just playing catch-up. But still, I will enjoy the day off. I'd prefer if Ontario called it snow day, or brown-slush day, or fuck-me-I-hate-school/work Day, or We're-watching-Entourage Day... family day just seems too nice and cute for my tastes.

Flag Day!

(Sorry Stephen Harper, I said Flag Day)

Family Day is pretty bad, but that's Dalton for you - the one who brought you the Highway of Heroes and the Three Guys in a Hot Tub logo.

I'd prefer if Ontario called it snow day, or brown-slush day, or fuck-me-I-hate-school/work Day, or We're-watching-Entourage Day... family day just seems too nice and cute for my tastes.

You can use Family Day as a suffix. Bury my Family day, Throw snow at my Family Day, only a Single person in my family day, I hate my Family Day, etc.

the name is real corny. it sounds like some american pro life evangelical group came up with it.

You can use Family Day as a suffix. Bury my Family day, Throw snow at my Family Day, only a Single person in my family day, I hate my Family Day, etc.

or Still Paying My F* X-mas Bills Thanks To My Family Day

Come on Liberal, why stop there? June June June!!!

I'd call it Multicultural Celebration Day :p A day to celebrate the multicutural the city has to offer...

Back