London on the Esplanade Condos (Cityzen) - Real Estate -

A friend of mine lives in the London building. She says her heating is not working at all and that the building isn't doing anything about it. Apparently theres a problem with the boiler and whole building is affected. brand new bulding, no heating, how ridiculous is that?

Oh no, maybe they should evacuate the building . . . . .

Come on yyz, do you really think there is NO heating? I doubt there's a problem with the boiler, brand new systems need a bit of a "break-in" period. There's heat, but it may not be the 90 degrees everyone wants.

Come on yyz, do you really think there is NO heating? I doubt there's a problem with the boiler, brand new systems need a bit of a "break-in" period. There's heat, but it may not be the 90 degrees everyone wants.

I do really think there is a problem. I believe some previous posts on this thread (or the other in "real estate", since the thread seemed to have been split) talks about some units need to have the thing "flushed".

My unit on LOTE has 2 thermostats and one room with an individual thermostat works (the heat works), while the other one (that controls the living room and the other room) does not work (max temp it'll ever get to is 67/68 F). I set my temperature to 70F on both and the "main" one will be on 24hrs a day and can only get up to 67/68 while the other one gets to 70F very quickly

A friend of mine lives in the London building. She says her heating is not working at all and that the building isn't doing anything about it. Apparently theres a problem with the boiler and whole building is affected. brand new bulding, no heating, how ridiculous is that?

I'm having trouble with the heat too. Right now I've settled on putting it at 72, which actually isn't too bad. At this temperature, the fan doesn't kick into high overnight which is REALLY annoying - the fan is loud enough to wake me up (not fun in the dead of night).

I've noticed that as it gets colder out there, the heat seems to get better, which is what security told me would happen (thanks to the eco-friendly fan pumps).

So it's just okay right now, and slowly getting better. The only REALLY annoying thing is when the fan pump occasionally gets stuck on full, even when the heat is off. That sucks.

I'm having trouble with the heat too. Right now I've settled on putting it at 72, which actually isn't too bad. At this temperature, the fan doesn't kick into high overnight which is REALLY annoying - the fan is loud enough to wake me up (not fun in the dead of night).

I've noticed that as it gets colder out there, the heat seems to get better, which is what security told me would happen (thanks to the eco-friendly fan pumps).

So it's just okay right now, and slowly getting better. The only REALLY annoying thing is when the fan pump occasionally gets stuck on full, even when the heat is off. That sucks.

I have 2 heat pumps in my unit and I know one works and the other one doesn't. I have it set fairly low (70F) on both, when the ambient temperature is 65, one brings the temperature up fairly quickly (within 30mins?) the other will be on all the time (more than a few hours) and be at 67 or 68, and I can actually feel the room with 70F is significantly warmer than the rest of the unit.......

Gonna try the F <-> C setting on the thermostat, thanks for the tip!

by the way what's the URL of the building? (is there a resident website?) I'm just renting a unit so i don't have much info.. thanks :D

maybe they SHOULD evacuate the building. my friend has NO heat, as in NONE, as it its 19C in her place when the system is off (room temperature), and 19C when the system is on (it blows COLD air, even though its set to 32 (max))

so thanks for the retarded comment, but i wish i was exaggerating. its been this way for 2 months even after countless attempts to fix it.

you sound like you're from the management office, thats along the lines of the responses she receives from them when she complains.

There is obviously some heat getting through if the room is 19 degrees in the middle of winter when the system is supposedly off.

As for the blowing cold air, well, in a house with forced air heating the fan will run for at least 80 seconds after the furnace has stopped producing heat - as part of the cycle. Perhaps that's what's happening with that cold air in the condo?

Masin, please provide us with your suite number and we will have the problem investigated immediately. Notify your customer care representative as well.

I've had issues with the heating and AC since I've been here too. During the summer, the AC never was able to bring the temp down by more than 5 degrees or so. Now that winter is here, I'm wondering if it's just something messed up with the thermostat. Example: I've had all the windows wide open for the past 5 hours. It's currently -10c outside. Thermostat says....76f (24c)!

I've had issues with the heating and AC since I've been here too. During the summer, the AC never was able to bring the temp down by more than 5 degrees or so. Now that winter is here, I'm wondering if it's just something messed up with the thermostat. Example: I've had all the windows wide open for the past 5 hours. It's currently -10c outside. Thermostat says....76f (24c)!

go to Canadian Tire, etc and get a thermometer ...

while inside your unit with windows all closed and after some time so everything should be aclimatized, read the temp on the thermometer.

re-set ALL your thermostats to the reading on the thermometer.

i've said this before, but i don't think many realize that the thermostats readings could be wrong and need to be re-calibrated ...

and if one has multiple thermostats/heat pumps, they all need to be properly re-set as they are inter-connected central system per suite.

maybe they SHOULD evacuate the building. my friend has NO heat, as in NONE, as it its 19C in her place when the system is off (room temperature), and 19C when the system is on (it blows COLD air, even though its set to 32 (max))

so thanks for the retarded comment, but i wish i was exaggerating. its been this way for 2 months even after countless attempts to fix it.

you sound like you're from the management office, thats along the lines of the responses she receives from them when she complains.

Wrong, I live in the building.

Okay. I got my heating issue fixed yesterday. I have to thank Cityzen for the quick resolution.

I wasn't at home yesterday so the info I get on what is happening may not be 100% accurate.

First a person came to my unit to check it and confirmed that one of the heating unit was *not* working (blowing cold air). He said the pump is getting water, but not blowing warm air, which was not correct. He left and about an hour later 3 guys came. One guy went to the roof of the building to check on the pumps (there were 4 total I think?), one guy took out some thing from the heat panel from my unit and put in a new one. There maybe a boiler(?) (1 out of the 4) not working properly or something.

Anyway in the end the heat was FIXED and when I got home, the unit actually felt WARM and I tried to force the heat on by turning up the thermostat and I can feel WARM AIR coming out of the vent.

:)

Sarah was the person I spoke to at 416 777 0316. I have to thank her too!

Hope you guys can get this resolved soon!

Thank you. The issue is resolved!!!!

Got to give credit where credit is due.
The building's boilers are now up to speed. Hurrah!
More importantly in my case, after calling Customer Service, the response time was a matter of hours. One faulty heat pump repaired and a malfuctioning thermostat replaced, ..plus some really good tips on how to balance the system.
The 'new building' glitches are certainly understandable.
The consistantly excellent and polite after sales service is 5 star.

Back