London on the Esplanade Condos (Cityzen) - Real Estate -

It's a good thing Ash.
You dont want to be paying for a part of your neighbour's daily personal hot tub use, or my double ovens, do you?:)

ooooh you have a double oven?! Ha...off topic, sorry. Ugh I guess. I kinda liked not having to worry about paying another bill though. Yes, you're right!

It's slightly inconvenient, but you're probably paying less than if electricity was bundled into your maintenance fees.

Actually, in a condominium you end up paying substantially more by being separately metered than if it was part of your condo fees...even though you'll probably use less electricity. It all has to do with the "Administration Fees" that you're now charged monthly by the supplier. These usually amount to 50% of an energy bill - whereas if just the one bill came to the condo corp, well, you do the math.

Actually, in a condominium you end up paying substantially more by being separately metered than if it was part of your condo fees...even though you'll probably use less electricity. It all has to do with the "Administration Fees" that you're now charged monthly by the supplier. These usually amount to 50% of an energy bill - whereas if just the one bill came to the condo corp, well, you do the math.

ditto ... i was about to say exactly the same thing,
PLUS a building would be charged lower bulk rates compared to an individual for the electricity and all the various administration fees.

With the prominent use of energy efficient appliances these days compared to the energy hogs of yesteryears, it might be more avantageous to be billed as part of condo fees vs. individual billing.

Last edited:
We got to pay for the smart meter installations that we didn't want. $300.00 per suite. The we got to pay a special $700.00 levy, because enbridge read them wrong...6 years ago.

I stand corrected. I guess its a bad thing.
I'm going back to incandescants and turn them all on, use both ovens when its cookie day, and have an extra long jacuzzi while they are baking and I hope no one tries to phone me. I'll have the TV and the stereo on.
I'm gonna get my money's worth to offset that administration fee. Screw the ecology.

But really though. Have any condo boards out there anybody done any comparison studies to see what their maintenance bill would be with hydro/administration portion built in against paying your own hydro/admin with a lower mainenance bill.
Is it huge difference or insignificant? Better off or not?

I have to admit, I go through this nonsense with the local hydro company at my cottage. The place is empty and turned off sometimes for weeks at a time. My hydro use is insignificant for long periods but there is that old 'admin fee' keeping it fat.

Hmm...is this something the condo board could elect to change once the building registers and the board is established?

Hmm...is this something the condo board could elect to change once the building registers and the board is established?

I believe they could, but they would have to hold a meeting to conduct a vote of owners or add the change to the agenda at the AGM. I think they need 66% approval to pass a change like this.

Looking to lease at the London

Hi

We are also looking to lease a 1+1 or 2br with parking. Flexible on move-in timeframe.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I just got my move-in letter. It's set for early September. FYI, I'm on the 30th floor.
Which floor are you thinking of purchase?

My current rental will end in July, so a September move in would be really inconvenient.

Don't re-sign a lease where your living now but notify the property management that you wish to continue renting month to month and get a letter in writing so that no one screws up and accidentally rents your current place out from under you. Once you have written confirmation of your move in date give the required 60 days notice to your landlord in writing and your out of there.

Argh, I wish it was that easy! My current rental has been sold to a new owner, so I have to vacate by the end of June. Looks like I'll have to find some in-between rental for a little while.

TALK to the builder about your situation before you sign back your offer.
I have a hunch you will find them very ..accomodating. (no pun intended):)

38 The Esplanade - London on the Esplanade

I have a unit available for lease on the 9th floor in the East tower. 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom + den, corner unit, 1120 sq ft. Parking and locker included. Available immediately for minimum 1 year lease term. $2500 + hydro

Is anyone else noticing this with their shower tiles? Every time I take a shower, even a short one and the tiles get a bit wet....they are getting these wet marks on them. (?!) I have never seen this before and am concerned it is a problem. I called Cityzen regarding this and they came and checked it out and said that the tiles and grout HAVE been sealed and said this is normal due to the fact that these are marble tiles and are naturally porous. They said because the tiles are drying afterwards that this is not a problem but...I don't know...thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 253

Back