News   Apr 26, 2024
 329     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 303     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 488     0 

living in townhouse at Lawrence/Dufferin (Allen & 401 area) vs downtown condo

Good decision. Do your research though. A good portion of the newer townhomes are crap quality. Some even worse than condos. Wood construction meaning poor soundproofing and creaky floors.

Saw this article yesterday and thought you might be interested, given your stance on wooden structures.

Saw this article yesterday and thought you might be interested, given your stance on wooden structures.

I was going by how wood structures are built here, not that wood was generally better. Wood has its benefits but Toronto's developers aren't building wood structures like what's in the article.

I don't know your age, lifestyle etc. You may like being in a so-called hip area. Frankly, I see Liberty Village etc. as little more than wannabe hipster ghettos, terribly congested (as your streetcar trips should tell you), and with poor quality construction. As for the townhouse, that's a horrible, ugly area with major traffic issues and few walkable amenities.

If I were starting out, I'd go east of Yonge. The congestion isn't as bad and the buildings strike me as (generally) better.

Liberty Village is about as fake as it comes

If I had the cash I would be buying one of these lovely townhomes being built along dundas or in west queen west. Where you actually feel part of the city and not some giant condo manufactured lifestyle area

This was a great read. We are also considering the same area probably the same building haha because of space, rooftop for BBQ (we do not feel paying almost half a million and never BBQing again)....and the two bath and two garages was like orgasmic!

But I am still curious about the area and the feeling of the area. To be honest being so close to the sub makes is a good attraction. We do not have cars but with these prices we may get one or two.

Back