News   Apr 23, 2024
 933     2 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 426     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Little Italy/College Street

Maybe Cafe Dip will join them...

People mainly go to Cafe Dip for drinks on their patio which may work for them once they're allowed to reopen. But then again, they're also losing a whole lot with the Euros not happening this year.

Looks like for these old school places, it comes down to whether it's more beneficial for them to just retire than hang on for the fight.

Grade level work being done at the NE corner of College & Grace, where the Marinella restaurant used to be at:

20201031_151209.jpg

While the entrance of the Royal Cinema is boarded. Wonder if they're going through renovations or just extra layering during Covid measures.

20201031_151323.jpg

I always wanted to try out the restaurant there, Kalendar.

I've been there once for brunch. The food was within the decent/solid range. I'd say the interior decor was probably the more interesting factor though. Has some of the old-world bistro charm to it, a bit quirky but remains modest and not kitschy.

I've been there once for brunch. The food was within the decent/solid range. I'd say the interior decor was probably the more interesting factor though. Has some of the old-world bistro charm to it, a bit quirky but remains modest and not kitschy.

It was the charming Euro appearance that caught my eye!

Grade level work being done at the NE corner of College & Grace, where the Marinella restaurant used to be at:

View attachment 280270

While the entrance of the Royal Cinema is boarded. Wonder if they're going through renovations or just extra layering during Covid measures.

View attachment 280271

Hmmm, hope all is well there too, I love that venue.

Their website is still up, but nothing current on it I could see.

Their social media channels have been inactive since summer.

The only building permit for the site is signage related, upper level and dates to the tail end of 2019, so unlikely to be related to anything seen in the pic.

Anyone hear anything about the Metro property? I'm trippin about Revival closing after Mod Club did...RIP Mod Club.

Anyone hear anything about the Metro property? I'm trippin about Revival closing after Mod Club did...RIP Mod Club.

I'm actually very surprised that such a suburban plaza in the heart of a very hip, urban downtown street like College has managed to escape the ever-present Sauron-esque gaze of ravenous developers...

Back