News   Apr 19, 2024
 326     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 646     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 733     1 

List of projects, condos, boards to avoid?

Pinchy

Member Bio
Reaction score
So I watched "The Condo Game" by CBC - scary.

Can anyone share info about other buildings, boards, projects to avoid? I understand that no one wants to talk dirty about their own building and shooting down its value, but I thought I would give it a try anyways.

Thanks!

Just go visit a few units in the building, talk to the renters - who would give you their opinion (vs owners - who want to keep their value).
Just remember, people are always willing to complain *online* / anywhere if there's a problem... but if it's good, you won't see them praising it in the same way.

What's wrong with Lanterra?

They cheapen out in exterior finishing but from what I can tell they provide their projects with good amenities.

what about 25 Telegram Mews in Cityplace? I read that Apex, that is the older building in CItyplace, is the better one. How about Telegram? are they in good condition ? will the building need lots of repair in the coming 2-5 years?
thanks

what about 25 Telegram Mews in Cityplace? I read that Apex, that is the older building in CItyplace, is the better one. How about Telegram? are they in good condition ? will the building need lots of repair in the coming 2-5 years?
thanks

I find it hard to find out how one building is constructed compared to another.
It's always best if you can find a way to talk to somebody that lives in that building.

Even if the building is not in the best condition, maybe it would be okay as long as they have a healthy reserve fund?

Even if the building is not in the best condition, maybe it would be okay as long as they have a healthy reserve fund?

Once an older building needs work, it's constant. Just like a house. One year it's the roof, the next the podium, then the windows, the elevators, the balconies. A healthy reserve fund is great but that means higher maintenance fees. You get what you pay for.

Back