Liberty Place Lofts and Condos at Liberty Village (CanAlfa) - Real Estate -

Sigh, I was really liking this development but Summer 2014(!) is WAY too long of a wait. Also heard that it is already 90% sold and prices are more than I want to pay.

Anything else comparable to this building?

Has anyone received the updated Occupancy Date? Looks like the building is progressing very well.

picked up my keys last week....this is probably one WORST workmanship I've seen in a long time. My unit was poorly finished with uneven stucco ceiling and visible drywall tape along the edges. Ceiling looked like it was sagging probably from over-spray or uneven concrete form...I'm sure when i go to re-sale the unit, people will think there was water damage in the ceiling! Oh and btw, upgrades were not installed (with unknown time when they will be back)....lots of miscommunication amongst the staff...

This is on par with my experience with Conservatory Group...Horrible workmanship/No attention to detail!

We're thinking of renting in this building. Anyone know how loud the construction is that's still going on?

We're thinking of renting in this building. Anyone know how loud the construction is that's still going on?

It's busy 9-4 week days. With only 2 elevators operating. This coming weeks when the mass of renters come into the market. This building is the only brand new one to come onto the market. Compared to last year when 4 new buildings. This building seems extremely rushed and worst quality I've seen in Liberty Village. But prices are cheap compared to everything else in the area.

It's busy 9-4 week days. With only 2 elevators operating. This coming weeks when the mass of renters come into the market. This building is the only brand new one to come onto the market. Compared to last year when 4 new buildings. This building seems extremely rushed and worst quality I've seen in Liberty Village. But prices are cheap compared to everything else in the area.

Thanks so much for the reply! Really appreciated. Do you mind elaborating on the finishes? Is it something a renter would notice/care about or notice? Also, do you know if there's a ton of construction noise 9-4 week days?

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the reply! Really appreciated. Do you mind elaborating on the finishes? Is it something a renter would notice/care about or notice? Also, do you know if there's a ton of construction noise 9-4 week days?

Thanks again!

Noise is quite loud, however may not have huge impact if you work 9-5. Only 2 elevator is a pain in the butt. The quality of workmanship is the worst I've seen in a long time - ie. scratches on cabinets from installation, poor finishes on the popcorn/snowtext ceiling - gaps all over. I'm still waiting for my upgraded kitchen backsplash and bathroom mirrors to be installed.

P4 Parking is still incomplete when I was there over the weekend.

Noise is quite loud, however may not have huge impact if you work 9-5. Only 2 elevator is a pain in the butt. The quality of workmanship is the worst I've seen in a long time - ie. scratches on cabinets from installation, poor finishes on the popcorn/snowtext ceiling - gaps all over. I'm still waiting for my upgraded kitchen backsplash and bathroom mirrors to be installed.

Thanks for the details. I think we're going to be checking out a few units this week or next. I'll make to report back and I'll see if I can snag some pictures. I hope everything works out with your unit!

picked up my keys last week....this is probably one WORST workmanship I've seen in a long time. My unit was poorly finished with uneven stucco ceiling and visible drywall tape along the edges. Ceiling looked like it was sagging probably from over-spray or uneven concrete form...I'm sure when i go to re-sale the unit, people will think there was water damage in the ceiling! Oh and btw, upgrades were not installed (with unknown time when they will be back)....lots of miscommunication amongst the staff...

This is on par with my experience with Conservatory Group...Horrible workmanship/No attention to detail!

Get it fixed under Tarion. My ceiling was pretty bad in Luna at CityPlace, but it was fixed and looked amazing once they were done with it. It's a hassle, but worth it in the end.

your popcorn ceiling should be the least of your worries...all they have to do is come back, scrape it off in the bad area and re-spray it. takes 5 minnutes.

Also any scratches or damage will be fixed. You should've been explained this in your PDI. They put a pink sticker or any damage, and by the time you move in all the stuff is usually fixed.

Back