1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 608     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 293     0 

Lebanese Food

G

ganjavih

Montreal is the king of Lebanese food but Toronto's got some good stuff too. There's a little gem at Bloor/Bathurst that has a bit of a cult status in the University community. It's called Ghazale and it looks like a little hole in the wall... but once you try the $5 shawarma plate, you'll be convinced. Get the plate, not the sandwich. And get the veggies (cauliflour and eggplant) with the white sauce and hot sauce. It'll blow your mind.

Another good place for Arabic food is Jerusalem Resturant on Finch and Leslie (125 Ravel Rd. to be exact). DON'T get the buffett, the a la carte menu is a million times better.
What they call " MASHAWY " is a must try, and it is a platter of mixed grilled vegitables, shish kabobs, chicken, and lamb on skewers, with Humus and other dips. So Far, I think it's the best Arabic food I've tried in the city.

Damn! That sounds good... I'll give it a try. I've had their buffet... good but overpriced.

Is Jerusalem a chain then? I've been to the Jerusalem on Eglinton West, west of Bathurst. Awesome stuff!

Both Jerusalem is good, the one at Finch is less crowded - but Eglinton got ambience...

GB

Back