News   Mar 28, 2024
 570     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 874     0 

Lease rates for Downtown Food Courts

starks0980

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am wondering if anybody on this site is familiar with the average lease rate for a food court unit roughly 300-400 sf located in the high traffic areas (malls, Toronto Path, etc) Downtown?

Looking for a total avg monthly cost so lease + TMI. Would really appreciate your input...

They vary by mall and location. I would ball park the low side being $100.00psf (for crap) up to $600 for AAA. Concepts are finely honed in the high rent areas to operate in an environment where rent can account for as much as 20% of sales. If you are thinking of a new start up you can probably forget about getting into anything owned by Oxford, Cadillac Fairview or Brookfield

They vary by mall and location. I would ball park the low side being $100.00psf (for crap) up to $600 for AAA. Concepts are finely honed in the high rent areas to operate in an environment where rent can account for as much as 20% of sales. If you are thinking of a new start up you can probably forget about getting into anything owned by Oxford, Cadillac Fairview or Brookfield

I've also been wondering about this, appreciate the response. As a follow up: are you implying the big players only want franchises/proven entities?

Back