News   Jul 26, 2024
 125     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 875     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 724     0 

Le Pain Quotidien BANKRUPT

With MbCo, Petite Thuet, Patachou growing into mini-chains and other gourmet bakery cafes sprouting up this was bound to start happening. The rents at those locations must have been very high and the prices for flour, butter and eggs are starting to creep up again too. It must be one of the most competitive food service sectors it the city. They also now have to worry about Longos raising the bar for prepared foods at grocery stores and the others greatly improving the quality of their baked goods.

Last edited:
With MbCo, Petite Thuet, Patachou growing into mini-chains and other gourmet bakery cafes sprouting up this was bound to start happening. The rents at those locations must have been very high and the prices for flour, butter and eggs are starting to creep up again too. It must be one of the most competitive food service sectors it the city. They also now have to worry about Longos raising the bar for prepared foods at grocery stores and the others greatly improving the quality of their baked goods.

Agree...you just need to visit Puseteri's if you are looking for unique baked goods.

This is too bad. I never had a bad meal here and the service was always top-notch. Something seemed off a couple of weeks ago when the waiter said they didn't have their liquor license anymore.

Thank god. I always love it when local Torontonians are clueless that local talent kicks foreign arses hard when it comes to quality French breads. Le Pain in the Wallet was becoming a total ripoff--first they shrunk their (it was good, but the best in the city? nyet) baguette while increasing the price, then they began to increase their rudeness factor so much I stopped going there.

Maybe Aroma Espresso will takeover that 18 Yorkville corner--a perfect spot to check out cute Jewish girls, eh? :)

Could anyone recommend nice vegetarian places for lunch/dinner around Bay & College or a subway/street car ride not too far? Thx

Back