News   Mar 28, 2024
 554     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 847     0 

LCBO / The Beer Store

Should the LCBO be deregulated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The solution is to privatize liquor sales in Ontario. Let the shop owner defend his inventory, same as any other shop. Put wine and hard booze in supermarkets - Loblaws won’t put up with thieving.

Or they could go back to how it was before 1971.

MAY24_SISMONDO_HIRES-810x445.jpg

The desk at the Liquor Control Board of Ontario, in a photo from Jul. 13, 1971. (Photo by Mario Geo/Toronto Star via Getty Images)

From link.

No thanks!!!!

Or they could go back to how it was before 1971.

MAY24_SISMONDO_HIRES-810x445.jpg

The desk at the Liquor Control Board of Ontario, in a photo from Jul. 13, 1971. (Photo by Mario Geo/Toronto Star via Getty Images)

From link.

No thanks!!!!
What does that accomplish? The issue is that the staff do nothing when thieves start grabbing the product, including walking into the stock rooms and employee only spaces. With the booze behind the counter the thieves will simply walk around or over the counter and grab the booze and walk out. The issue isn’t that the booze is within public reach, it’s that the retailer does nothing to prevent aggressive shoplifting.

The LCBO, as a provincial crown agency should have its own security staff. And no it shouldn’t be some poor bastard recently arrived from the subcontinent or Middle East taking the only job he can find, but should be like the TTC special constables, paid reasonably, employed as LCBO staff, unionized, etc. As for hoe to afford it, with its monopoly we can cancel all of their advertising campaigns, print ads, and marketing. Use that money to protect our product.

foodora Launches On-Demand LCBO Delivery Pilot in Toronto

First-of-its kind partnership allows Toronto residents to order their favourite LCBO products on-demand from foodora

September 05, 2019 07:00 ET | Source: foodora Canada

TORONTO, Sept. 05, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, foodora announces that an on-demand delivery pilot of LCBO products is now available in Toronto. Through foodora, Toronto residents of legal drinking age can select and order from a curated list of LCBO bestsellers and customer favourites for same-day delivery right to their door.

To order LCBO products on demand, foodora customers can scroll through the LCBO “menu” – a curated list of popular beer and cider, wine, spirits and ready-to-drink offerings – on the foodora website, or iOS and Android apps. On average, customers can expect a 60-minute delivery window after placing their order from participating LCBO stores within the city of Toronto.

That's a great service at a flat rate of $6 especially if you order a bunch of stuff. I punched in 8 six packs of beer and 6 bottles of wine and it didn't block me. Do they have cars or just bicycle riders?

That's a great service at a flat rate of $6 especially if you order a bunch of stuff. I punched in 8 six packs of beer and 6 bottles of wine and it didn't block me. Do they have cars or just bicycle riders?

Based on their website, Foodora can have car and scooter riders too. But vast majority deliver by bicycle.

It appears the LCBO is going into the space Boston Pizza (and the Canadian Tire driving academy) had at Leslie & Lake Shore. Awning above the loading dock up with the logo.

It appears the LCBO is going into the space Boston Pizza (and the Canadian Tire driving academy) had at Leslie & Lake Shore. Awning above the loading dock up with the logo.

Odd location for them, to me. It's not right beside or really even convenient to the Farm Boy, the Loblaws across the street already has beer and wine.

In the east end, I would have prioritized filling the large gap between Greenwood and VP along Danforth; and rebulding/replacing the 3 smallest/least appealing stores, Danforth/Greenwood, Gerrard/Pape, and the newish one near Queen/Broadview which is tiny.

So when will Costco in Ontario be able to sell liquor and beer? Is Ontario still the odd province out?

5dcacfa079d7574f925b3b72

From link.

i doubt Costco would be allowed to sell beer and liquor at cheap Costco prices like they do in Quebec or the US, everything would have to be priced the exact same as the expensive LCBO and Beer Store monopolies. :(

So sad, I used to go to that HMV location all the time and now it's just another government shop selling toxic ethanol.

rekkids > ethanol

Also, yo, @W. K. Lis, how old are you? :p

Back