News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 414     0 

LCBO / The Beer Store

Should the LCBO be deregulated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a lad in the 1970s and 80s I worked in supermarkets where we collected all the pop bottles for return. We should have kept that system.

I was just in the Vancouver area. The deposit system there can be done cashless. Just drop your bag of mixed recyclables off at a recycling depot. ( cans, bottles, plastic bottles, jugs, and even milk cartons) and they will sort it and add the money to your account.. It's all cashless. Last time i was at the beer store i got about 14 dollars back in mostly change! Since they were low on bills.

Last edited:
I was just in the Vancouver area. The deposit system there can be done cashless. Just drop your bag of mixed recyclables off at a recycling depot. ( cans, bottles, plastic bottles, jugs, and even milk cartons) and they will sort it and add the money to your account.. It's all cashless. Last time i was at the beer store i got about 14 dollars back in mostly change! Since they were low on bills.

That's cool. If the will was there and they could create some kind of automated kiosk there might be more uptake. The store would still have to empty/maintain it and store the product until they could be picked up.

Back