News   Apr 26, 2024
 389     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 332     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 522     0 

Lamport Stadium Redevelopment

As a long-time football snob, I have to even start admitting that MLS is no longer third-rate.

The playoffs this year are a good example. The level has improved immensely - and above all, it is fun!

MLS is not at the level of the top European leagues by any means, but the gap is much smaller than even just a few years ago. We have a good product here in North America, and it is nice to see.

I really shouldn't engage because it's getting off topic, but it's so hard to resist. Hey, normally I wouldn't begrudge someone for following a league that's far from the the top of their sport (I admit that "third rate" comment was cheap) - I think it's great that Japanese baseball fans and Hungarian basketball fans follow their teams so passionately. It's just that it gets a bit ridiculous when they get unnecessarily aggressive to followers of other sports.

Rather easy when talking about hand egg which is just a boring and slow rugby for pussies.
A soccer fan questioning the masculinity of football players? Are we in bizarro world?

As a long-time football snob, I have to even start admitting that MLS is no longer third-rate.

The playoffs this year are a good example. The level has improved immensely - and above all, it is fun!

MLS is not at the level of the top European leagues by any means, but the gap is much smaller than even just a few years ago. We have a good product here in North America, and it is nice to see.
Yes we have a good product in North America. In Mexico.

Oh, see, I did it again. I just can't help myself.

I really shouldn't engage because it's getting off topic, but it's so hard to resist. Hey, normally I wouldn't begrudge someone for following a league that's far from the the top of their sport (I admit that "third rate" comment was cheap) - I think it's great that Japanese baseball fans and Hungarian basketball fans follow their teams so passionately. It's just that it gets a bit ridiculous when they get unnecessarily aggressive to followers of other sports.

A soccer fan questioning the masculinity of football players? Are we in bizarro world?

Yes we have a good product in North America. In Mexico.

Oh, see, I did it again. I just can't help myself.
Yeah, and just today I witnessed a horrific injury live in the Everton vs Tottenham match, that I dare not re-post on this forum.

Your "soccer is for sissies" meme is just simply that, a meme. Perpetuated by mainly North Americans who fancy watching a sport where players wear a plethora of padding from head to toe.

Wait, what? AFL isn't the same as American hand egg. Get out of here, bruv.

Also, I can see you've never played football. The hits are real. I've sustained a broken nose and bruised ribs playing it.

Never mind me. Legs get broken all the time.

Your opinion on this matter is worthless. You sound like a true ignorant North American boor who talks a bag of shit about a sport he imagines isn't tough because the hits aren't part of playing the sport by the rules. Go run into someone who is running at you at full speed and come report on how you feel.

AFL and rugby are tough, yes. I like rugby. But we were talking about American hand egg. American hand egg is a joke. Be real.

Yeah, and just today I witnessed a horrific injury live in the Everton vs Tottenham match, that I dare not re-post on this forum.

Your "soccer is for sissies" meme is just simply that, a meme. Perpetuated by mainly North Americans who fancy watching a sport where players wear a plethora of padding from head to toe.
Hey, when soccer fans call athletes in other sports pussies the appearance of that decades old meme is pretty much inevitable.

?

Wait, what? AFL isn't the same as American hand egg. Get out of here, bruv.
Thanks, Captain Obvious! I never said it was.

Ozzy Man Reviews, again?

Mate, that guy was played out after his third vid.

We were talking about American hand egg and you threw out AFL....don't captain obvious me if you can't read, bruv.

Ozzy Man Reviews, again?

Mate, that guy was played out after his third vid.

We were talking about American hand egg and you threw out AFL....don't captain obvious me if you can't read, bruv.
The video I posted could have been comparing soccer to water polo, the point would have been the same. You insulted other sports while trying to make soccer look tough. You brought this on yourself, bruv. ?
Would you prefer that I post this classic? There's no shortage of these things on Youtube.

These posts are probably going to get deleted, so I'll just say that it's great that the Wolfpack are bringing crowds down to Lamport and that it's getting improvements. More sports options are always a good thing.

Pfft, should have just posted vids of La Liga from the start, bruv.

Anyway, your reading comprehension still needs work. This all started when I said that American hand egg is just a slow, boring pussy version of rugby. Which it is. Not by me comparing football to anything. (Or soccer for you helmet heads).

Anyway, I see we agree on something, re: the last part of your post. Carry on.

I am south London. Or was it Amsterdam? Dammit, could be Frankfurt. Wait....Prague?

It's not witty. It's an apt descriptor.

Are you done? You have failed to show that American hand egg isn't a lame pussy version of rugby.

Last edited:
Forgetting about what sport is better or worse for the moment let’s look at the relative values of the clubs we are speaking about here:

-Toronto FC $395 million US
-Toronto Argos unknown but what max $20 million US?
-Toronto Wolfpack unknown but expansion fee 0.25 million pounds

I am south London. Or was it Amsterdam? Dammit, could be Frankfurt. Wait....Prague?

It's not witty. It's an apt descriptor.

Are you done? You have failed to show that American hand egg isn't a lame pussy version of rugby.
Well then it's a good thing I'm not trying to show that. I have to say I'm impressed by your determination to miss the point. In any case I tend to prefer rugby over the gridiron version of football, but both are fine sports.

Back