L Tower Condos (Cityzen, Castlepoint Realty, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

I hope you guys are reporting all of this on your Tarion reports.

I'm planning on complaining to tarion to get the compensation they legally owe is for the multiple, illegal last minute delays. But what will tarion do with all the information about their crappy service? Can we get more penalty money?

You need to fill out your 30-day form with any deficiencies that aren't yet rectified -- if you don't, you can't make any claims for that particular deficiency if it becomes an issue or never gets fixed. The developer wants you to sign off so that you DON'T put it on the form, but if something isn't taken care of, document it. All of the information is on the Tarion site -- you should have been given a package that tells you how to access it, which forms to fill out, etc. Too many people don't bother and then they have no recourse down the line.

I hope you guys are reporting all of this on your Tarion reports.

I wish I did. Our PDI was done month and a half ago and we got the keys week later. We were told everything will be fixed by the time we get our keys. Obviously, nothing was fixed when we got our keys and they told us they need about 4 weeks to get everything fixed. It been over 4 weeks still nothing is fixed and Tarion told us we missed the 30 day deadline. Now we have to wait a year to file with Tarion.

list of some of the things
-window ledge missing
-no shower head and faucet in master bedroom
-no hardware on any of the washroom cabinets
-no A/C
-kitchen counter all scratched up from installing the cooktop
-washer dryer not leveled
-paint marks all over the hardwood floor (which we don't care for now)

been calling "customer service" about a/c and left many voice messages, still no call back. Called tarion and they transfered me to their technical team, again left voice messages ands still no call back.

Our closing is coming up next week......

Tarion. LOL. Would rather skip out on paying them and hire my own company to manage issues in my suite. Completely useless.

Tarion is far from perfect, and I wouldn't count on it for any of the big stuff, but it did help me get some cosmetic things done because the developer did not want items put on the 30 day form. It's better than nothing.

Tarion is far from perfect, and I wouldn't count on it for any of the big stuff, but it did help me get some cosmetic things done because the developer did not want items put on the 30 day form. It's better than nothing.

Keep in mind you're forced to pay thousands for "better than nothing". I'd rather keep my money and do the cosmetic changes myself.

Allowing the builders to police themselves is something I have a problem with. A big conflict of interest.

Purchasers should be allowed to opt out of it.

But until that happens, fill in the forms. Or negotiate with customer care for cash so you can do it yourself (I did that for a major issue).

Finally got the keys and what can I say but the usual sh..... service continues.
Nothing was fixed from the PDI, the place has never seen a broom or a cleaning cloth, it's looks like the construction crew ran through the place.
The keys were handed to us in the CC office, no smile, no hope you enjoy your new place, no care what so ever, not even a key chain.....lol
My car dealer at least gave me a bottle of water and a key chain......hhahahahaa
They f...up my tiles i paid extra for, we decided to ask for our money back and run from these folks.
I mentioned to them we are not the first and they said no way it has never happened before...lies
We could not be bothered anymore.
Hey don't get your hopes and dreams up to high they will stomp on you with their WONDERFUL service.
I really don't know how builders can get away with this, even the local dollar store has better service than these folks.
You pay all this money for what, just expensive crap i guess, ltower has been an absolute TOTAL disappointment to us.
Regarding the tarion nonsense, do you wait until 30 days has passed before submitting the form or can you do it before the 30 is up?
They are saying it will take at least 4 weeks or more to fix the PDI deficiencies.
Lord help us all.

All L Tower Owners, please note that a facebook page has been created by the owners to prepare the first owners meeting.

Please like our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/ltowerowners

The first letter from the L Tower owners is below:
https://www.facebook.com/ltowerowners/posts/987394051272893

If you change your management company, do some searching. There are a lot more companies out there than just Del and Brookfield. We recently changed ours and interviewed quite a few. You have to know what you want and take time to talk to them to see who can best help with your needs. It's an extremely important decision.

Your first priority, though, is to elect the board. You can't do anything without one

Finally got the keys and what can I say but the usual sh..... service continues.
Nothing was fixed from the PDI, the place has never seen a broom or a cleaning cloth, it's looks like the construction crew ran through the place.
The keys were handed to us in the CC office, no smile, no hope you enjoy your new place, no care what so ever, not even a key chain.....lol
My car dealer at least gave me a bottle of water and a key chain......hhahahahaa
They f...up my tiles i paid extra for, we decided to ask for our money back and run from these folks.
I mentioned to them we are not the first and they said no way it has never happened before...lies
We could not be bothered anymore.
Hey don't get your hopes and dreams up to high they will stomp on you with their WONDERFUL service.
I really don't know how builders can get away with this, even the local dollar store has better service than these folks.
You pay all this money for what, just expensive crap i guess, ltower has been an absolute TOTAL disappointment to us.
Regarding the tarion nonsense, do you wait until 30 days has passed before submitting the form or can you do it before the 30 is up?
They are saying it will take at least 4 weeks or more to fix the PDI deficiencies.
Lord help us all.

This is normal. They won't fix anything unless you push them constantly.

Did you seriously give your unit back?

Back