675     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 741     1 

King West Condos

cassius

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know of any decent, new condos in the King West area from Peter Street on the east to Strauchan on the west? I'm looking for something in the $210k area - 1 bedroom. Maybe something by FREED, or are they out of that budget range?

I'd say your probably out of luck. Most of the Freed buildings have sold out of the cheaper 1Bdrm units. The only ones I can see available are around 275K and up.

That amount won't buy a lot nowadays in that area. For value, I'd take a look at 393 King St. West.

Freed's most recent development, 650 King West (which will actually be two buildings) has 1 BR units starting at $317,900 (698 sq. ft.). That's the low end I'm afraid. Freed is perhaps known a bit more for "cutting edge" than for "low end pricing".

You might want to look at "Vibe" and "Zip", two buildings by Monarch in the Liberty Village area (just off Strachan). You might find something still available in the low 200s.

The "Bohemian Embassy" in Parkdale will have a selection in your price range, but it may be too far west to suit you.

Some of these trendy new condos are getting as expensive as houses, per square foot, except that you don't have the extra land thrown in for free.

Thanks for the replies so far. I had a feeling Freed might be a bit pricey. Are there any other suggestions?

Maybe I'd have better luck on the other side of King St, say between Church and Parliament? I was looking on that end of town a few years ago but don't exactly recall what the priceranges were.

Some of these trendy new condos are getting as expensive as houses, per square foot

Oh, I'd say in many cases condo prices have exceeded house prices.

Yet the prevailing wisdom seems to be that first time buyers are now only able to afford condominiums because they've been shut out of the house market by rising prices.

Only because a house, as a dwelling, costs more dollars. But in so many cases you get so much more space with a house - and a yard - as you have pointed out.

Back