King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

The lower levels were scheduled for occupancy 18 Oct. 2012 and have been pushed back to 24 Oct. Yes the building (as of 10 days ago) is still barely habitable but it's typical of new builds. Rentals are coming on market.

Question...

Weren't we supposed to get different fridges that had the built in look?

This doesn't look built in to me with the giant gap between the fridge and the cabinet above:
8095563018_94dd016510_c.jpg

Model suite:
6.jpeg

Kinda disappointed...especially when I see

Charlie:
kitchen1.png

theNinety:
$(KGrHqFHJCUFB)ghfEVhBQfslwmqWQ~~48_20.JPG

Last edited:
i find the huge gap between the cabinets and ceiling is wasted ... should of installed longer upper cabinets for these new buildings with 9+ feet ceilings.

i find the huge gap between the cabinets and ceiling is wasted ... should of installed longer upper cabinets for these new buildings with 9+ feet ceilings.

That would be an expense most builders just aren't willing to inherit.

Are the elevators in yet?

I'm supposed to be moving in this week and wondering if the elevators even managed to get installed. :) Not carrying a couch up stairs, haha.

well if they aren't, at least it should be optional

I believe for this condo anything above the 12 floor or something had upgraded appliances, taller doors and full length cabinets. I agree with ya though. Actually, I think it should be standard. Just build the cost into the price.

I'm supposed to be moving in this week and wondering if the elevators even managed to get installed. :) Not carrying a couch up stairs, haha.

I walked by and the elevators are installed. Not sure if they're operational, though. If we get pushed back again, I'm going to lose my shit. I'm already pissed off.

I walked by and the elevators are installed. Not sure if they're operational, though. If we get pushed back again, I'm going to lose my shit. I'm already pissed off.

I guess that's a step in the right direction. Surely they can get them operational by end of week. :)

occupancy

i did my pdi sunday afternoon and my expectations were already so low that i thought i could not be disappointed,but alas i was.my two bed two bath corner unit is unfit unsafe and uninhabitable and filthy with a bucket list a mile long including broken glass bedroom door no heat no ac no water no finished terrace scratched floors and paint/trim/fill all over really second rate workmanship.all can be fixed i am sure by wed! hahah with no elevator functioning,no info on where my parking space is nor my locker nor elevator move in schedule nor lobby!..my terrace has no completed glass railing and is dangerous and i have young kids!i am no rookie at this but i am pissed off at the extreme low service levels and treatment of finishes and workmanship and ability to get it done correctly and on time.meeting with lawyer on wed. for my side to sign close etc and we shall see

i did my pdi sunday afternoon and my expectations were already so low that i thought i could not be disappointed,but alas i was.my two bed two bath corner unit is unfit unsafe and uninhabitable and filthy with a bucket list a mile long including broken glass bedroom door no heat no ac no water no finished terrace scratched floors and paint/trim/fill all over really second rate workmanship.all can be fixed i am sure by wed! hahah with no elevator functioning,no info on where my parking space is nor my locker nor elevator move in schedule nor lobby!..my terrace has no completed glass railing and is dangerous and i have young kids!i am no rookie at this but i am pissed off at the extreme low service levels and treatment of finishes and workmanship and ability to get it done correctly and on time.meeting with lawyer on wed. for my side to sign close etc and we shall see

I went on the Tarion website and looked up what a PDI is. I've gone to a good number of PDI's but this one was so different that I had to go and actually research what was included in a PDI:

What is a Pre-Delivery Inspection?

The PDI represents one of your first opportunities to view your new home in its completed state. Your builder’s representative will guide you or your designate* through a comprehensive inspection and show you how to operate the systems in your home, such as ventilation, plumbing and heating.

During the PDI, you or your designate should identify any damaged, incomplete or missing items as well as anything which is not operating properly. You should ensure that your builder’s representative records these conditions on the PDI Form to verify that they existed prior to occupancy. If you or your designate cannot assess something because it has not yet been installed or completed, have this noted on the PDI Form as well.

At the PDI you or your designate will be asked to sign the PDI Form, a Certificate of Completion and Possession (CCP), as well as Confirmation of Receipt of the Homeowner Information Package form (if you have not already signed this form). The CCP also marks the official date of possession, which establishes when your warranty coverage begins.

Oh and here's this gem:
What if I forget to list a problem during the PDI?​

You do not automatically lose warranty coverage if a problem is not listed on the PDI Form, but if the problem is a damaged or missing item, it will be more difficult to establish that the condition existed before you moved in. If any PDI Items are not corrected by the time you move in, you should list these items on your 30-Day Form.​

I'm not sure what I did last Tuesday, but it sure as hell wasn't a PDI.

Talking to my lawyer tomorrow to figure out what I can do because I get the feeling my place will still look like a dump when I close.

occupancy

I went on the Tarion website and looked up what a PDI is. I've gone to a good number of PDI's but this one was so different that I had to go and actually research what was included in a PDI:

Oh and here's this gem:

I'm not sure what I did last Tuesday, but it sure as hell wasn't a PDI.

Talking to my lawyer tomorrow to figure out what I can do because I get the feeling my place will still look like a dump when I close.

keep me in the loop on what you find out please from your lawyer

Back