News   Apr 19, 2024
 891     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Jordan Peterson

buildup

Member Bio
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I watched and took notes on Jordan Peterson's Maps on Meaning videos. He's become topical! His background seems to combine Philosophy, Religion, Sociology, History, and Psychology as a UofT Proff.
Some of his ideas intersect with Naseem Taleb "Anti-Fragile" which is interesting because they come from different points.
He seems to be taking on some opponents who are pretty powerful! Does anyone here follow him?

Mr. Peterson has largely disappeared from public view in the last few months.

Apparently the result of a serious health scare involving addiction to Bendzodiazepines

Who seeks out top of the line medical treatment in the third world health care conditions of Moscow? That's like going to Syria to get a flu shot...

Last edited:
Who seeks out top of the line medical treatment in the third world health care conditions of Moscow? That's like going to Syria to get a flu shot...

Well now, to be fair, there is top-tier healthcare in Moscow if you have money.

There are many things I don't accept about Mr. Peterson; but I understand the healthcare choice here; albeit, it ended up quite extreme due to his addiction going on for so long.

His body was reacting badly to almost every drug.

The doctors in Moscow were willing to go full, hard de-tox; doctors here were not.

Was that the right call? Outside of my expertise to say. Certainly seems to have been very hard on him. On the other hand, the articles suggest he is now improving for the first time in a while.

I think he went as his family is there...

Anyways about Peterson, I dont think he is that amazing but the lack of effort by academia and media about how men should fit into our changing times has given Peterson a huge opening to make a huge impact with a lot of young men.

Not sure where you get the idea that Moskva has third-world health care but Russia is the place to be when coming off benzos. They don't play games with getting you off it.

Was that the right call? Outside of my expertise to say. Certainly seems to have been very hard on him. On the other hand, the articles suggest he is now improving for the first time in a while.

We don't know the details of any of this but benzo withdrawal can be quite lethal, like alcohol withdrawal. Benzos and alcohol both work primarily on the GABA-ergic system and can both result in neurological excitoxic death. Sounds fun! I myself had a scare coming off an alcohol binge once where I was at the level of brain zaps, if not minor seizures. Anyway, it's legal for a reason...as opposed to psychotropics that aren't lethal at functional doses. :rolleyes:

Never mind that bollocks.....I'm very curious to know why he couldn't be tapered off the benzos like every other benzo addict and why he chose to go the dangerous route to recovery. Tapering saves lives! ;)

Back