News   May 07, 2024
 115     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 236     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 649     1 

Irresponsible Dog Owners

I've never witnessed anyone not picking up either, but I do know a fellow dog owner who has repeatedly told people in her building to pick up because it's gross around there. She was basically told to f off and mind her business, they weren't picking up. Fortunately, those folks are the minority.

If anything the worst times of year are fall when the leaves cover the poop bombs and spring when the snow melts and the poop becomes a liquid mess. New laws or stronger fines aren't really the answer but people should just regulate each other. And like someone said, if they see it and have an extra bag, offer it up.

Last edited:
Timely thread - I found an anonymous typed note in my mailbox yesterday telling me to pick up my dog's crap, informing me that they "know who I am" and that I am being watched and threatening to call the police if I don't pick up my dog's crap. The only problem is that I don't have a dog.

Timely thread - I found an anonymous typed note in my mailbox yesterday telling me to pick up my dog's crap, informing me that they "know who I am" and that I am being watched and threatening to call the police if I don't pick up my dog's crap. The only problem is that I don't have a dog.

sorry that was me..

no,seriously that sux...

i do think it's the minority of dog owners who aren't respectful

Hmm sounds like you have an unhinged neighbor. Sux.

As a dog owner who frequents a lot of west end parks, I actually try to pick up stray piles of steaming dung if I find them. It helps keep the parks clean for everyone. Not even dog owners like stepping in shit.

There are a ton of people that let their dogs off leash outside of the leash free areas, and they should be ticketed. I walk along the lake toward the Humber Bridge, and I've met dog walking folks with their dogs off leash, asking me why I wouldn't let my dog go off leash. Well, geez. Maybe it's because its not an off leash area; the bikes, the kids, the cars in the parking lot. A little common sense. So I definitely feel for anyone that has experienced this.

However, there is a lot of dog owner hate that is a bit unwarranted when people start grouping all dog owners into the same irresponsible group of people. You're more likely to see a group of kids with their parents trashing a park place with their Tim Horton's cups, and candy wrappers than a dog walker without a bag.

What I've been noticing lately is that some dog owners are actually letting their dogs poop on other people's front lawns and such. Mind you, most tend to pick it up but when did people think it was okay to use someone else' lawn as a pooping station?

What I've been noticing lately is that some dog owners are actually letting their dogs poop on other people's front lawns and such. Mind you, most tend to pick it up but when did people think it was okay to use someone else' lawn as a pooping station?

Most responsible dog owners will encourage their dog to go on their own lawn first. But even for the best of us, our dog will sometimes go twice along the way...not much you can do about it except scoop. Since we won't let our dog walk halfway up the lawn, chances are the grass near the end of the lawn is on the city owned boulevard anyway.

This would just be one of those things associated with life in the city. You can't stop someone else from parking their car in front of your house for 2 months if they have a valid permit. You can't stop your neighbour across the street from undertaking a major project that creates noise and mud. You can't force someone to rake up their leaves so that they don't blow onto your property. Likewise, dogs will occasionally poop at the end of your lawn, but at least it will get picked up most of the time.

Oh, cry me a fucking river.

This is a real pet peeve of mine. Dog owners who can't pick up after their pets should be banned from ever owning another animal again.

I'd be moritifed if my dog ever did that on someone's property, but that's just me. I trained my previous and current dog to go #2 either on the sidewalk by the curb or along the curb on the road (obviously on sidestreets where there is very little vehicular traffic) as it's really easy to pick up 100% of it plus no one is bothered by it. Simple. Trying to get dog poop out of grass can be a taxing job and often you simply can't get it all.

Back