361     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 463     0 

iPhone/iPad app for TTC beta testing

gcamp

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Guillaume Campagna and I've build an application that centralize the schedule for the Toronto transit. :eek:

It's an application for all iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Features of the application includes offline data, geolocalisation, etc. :p

There's in the app all the schedule of the TTC (official data), myTTC, and the YRT. ;)

If you want to help me with the testing of this app, you can simply send me and DM with the UDID of you iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. :D

Thanks,

Guillaume

EDIT : The app is available here.

Last edited:
Hi,

My name is Guillaume Campagna and I've build an application that centralize the schedule for the Toronto transit. :eek:

It's an application for all iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Features of the application includes offline data, geolocalisation, etc. :p

There's in the app all the schedule of the TTC (official data), myTTC, and the YRT. ;)

If you want to help me with the testing of this app, you can simply send me and DM with the UDID of you iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. :D

Thanks,

Guillaume

I'll help, but I don't speak tech. 'DM', 'UDID'... WTF... please explain.

Given how fast Android is growing, and given that Android is likely to be dominant smartphone platforms on all the new entrants, which are all targeting Toronto, and given that the new entrants are quite likely to attract the same socio-economic audience that uses the TTC, I would strongly suggest you port your app over to Android when you are done working on it for the iPhone/iPad.

And have you sought TTC support at all?

Given how fast Android is growing, and given that Android is likely to be dominant smartphone platforms on all the new entrants, which are all targeting Toronto, and given that the new entrants are quite likely to attract the same socio-economic audience that uses the TTC, I would strongly suggest you port your app over to Android when you are done working on it for the iPhone/iPad.

And have you sought TTC support at all?

make one for the black berry bold 9700 please : )

I'm really an iPhone dev, not really into other mobile platform…

I might consider a port for Android, but I can't imagine sell an app for Blackberry with the condition they offer for the indy developer…

I'll help, but I don't speak tech. 'DM', 'UDID'... WTF... please explain.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

UDID stand for unique device ID. It identifies you iPhone/iPod/iPad and allow me to make my app run on your device without submitting anything on the AppStore. You can use app like this to find your UDID.

DM is only the way to contact me… It means direct message and I thought that was standard on forums, but it seems to be private message here. Just clic on my name and the option will be shown.

Guillaume

Last edited:
Sounds awesome - I'd love a look :) Will DM

Curious how you're providing both MyTTC & TTC info... Also you should be aware that our data is undergoing constant gardening. Might be a better idea to use our API for this kind if app, especially since it weighs in at around 50 MB.

http://myttc.ca/developers

Cheers,
Kieran

Last edited:

Back