News   Apr 25, 2024
 363     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Waterloo Region Transit Developments (ION LRT, new terminal, GRT buses)

Had a good lunchtime scouting mission today.

First I spotted 503 hiding near the back of the yard with its panto down:

Then caught 504 running north on the southbound track through Bearinger Rd, past Quiet Place, and through the Weber St crossover:

The crew at Quiet Place said that it was continued signals testing today. The signals at Bearinger Rd worked perfectly but the ones at the Quiet Pl and Old Albert St pedestrian crossings still clearly needed some tuning.
Well. Apparently these things run in the cold. So far so good.

It didn't bother me all that much, just found it odd given his employer.

A friend of mine works for CN. He gets annoyed at people who ask intricate details about the engine, or the operations, or asking "Why..." So, I now annoy the hell out of him.

A friend of mine works for CN. He gets annoyed at people who ask intricate details about the engine, or the operations, or asking "Why..." So, I now annoy the hell out of him.

I could talk the ears off the GrandLinq crews I encounter while watching the Ion testing but I don't: They've got a job to do that I sorely want to see done!

I could talk the ears off the GrandLinq crews I encounter while watching the Ion testing but I don't: They've got a job to do that I sorely want to see done!
That's my type of railfanning, I generally only talk to employees when they are willing to answer questions or say something that I'm curious about.

They're not really comparable vehicles though... the Alstom one ordered is 48m long while the Felity Freedom they ordered is 30m long. Had Metrolinx changed to a 7-module variant of the Flexity it would be more comparable.
Not that incomparable.

The Alstom cars are costing Metrolinx $8.7 million each. The Flexity it replaced was 4.3 million each.

They ain't twice as long! Metrolinx screwed taxpayers in a bizarre move to save face.

Not that incomparable.

The Alstom cars are costing Metrolinx $8.7 million each. The Flexity it replaced was 4.3 million each.

They ain't twice as long! Metrolinx screwed taxpayers in a bizarre move to save face.

Thats the Liberal government way though. Do whatever will look good to those who don't care about or understand money.

The only people who cared about the gas plant scandal were those who care about wasteful spending.

* I've been called a foamer in the Facebook group, ironically by someone who's profile says he works for A&B Rail Services Ltd., a company that did work for GrandLinq on the Ion system. You'd think he'd appreciate someone that appreciates his work, but apparently not.

In fairness, the term "foamer" doesn't have quite the negative connotation that it did even 15 years ago.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

In fairness, the term "foamer" doesn't have quite the negative connotation that it did even 15 years ago.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Both of these videos were made by foamers but they're very different types. It's too broad a term to be used as an insult or a compliment.

Back