News   May 03, 2024
 520     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Inspiration From Montreal

rdaner

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am creating this thread as I want a place to park information on what is happening in our closest sibling. It is relevant because a lot of the players here are actually national. Canada Lands is developing Downsview so it is interesting to see who they are using in other cities. Montreal is also rapidly developing its waterfront and is probably the second biggest transformation in NA after Toronto.

IMG_0016.png
IMG_0017.jpeg
IMG_0018.jpeg

Thanks for creating this thread. I've only been to Montreal a handful of times and know very little about it, so it would be fascinating to be able to follow what's going on in our biggest rival.

Toronto can learn a lot from Montreal. In many ways it feels like it's a bigger city. We need to go learn from them how to build public spaces. Is it even to build something like the Quartier des spectacles in Toronto ? It's impossible.

Toronto could definitely learn from Montreal how to do public spaces and how to do bike lanes properly.

Toronto could definitely learn from Montreal how to do public spaces and how to do bike lanes properly.
Having lived in Montreal for many years, I agree that we could learn from them but they could also learn from us. The public consultation process here, while not perfect, is FAR more useful and effective. Frankly, we can all learn from other places and other people!

Back