News   Sep 13, 2024
 2.4K     2 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 669     0 

I'm a newbie at Flickr!

wyliepoon

Member Bio
Reaction score
I've been an avid digital photographer of architecture and city scenes for a long time, but it was only yesterday that I signed up for a Flickr account (and now I regret why I haven't signed up earlier). I hope to upload my massive collection of photos onto Flickr over the next few days.

I know some of you are Flickr members, so I'm just wondering if you can provide me any Flickr tips. I'm also looking to add UT forumers to my contact list.

My Flickr nickname is the same as the one here in UT. I hope you will enjoy what I will be uploading to my account!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wyliepoon/

First tip is to use the Flickr uploader tool... but you've probably figured that out.

I also recommend being very, very rigorous in categorizing your photos by tag. Tag all of them as soon as they're uploaded with any information that will help you and others find them in the future. Remember to properly tag them, too --- writing queen street will result in two useless tags (queen and street) so be sure to write either queenstreet or "queen street".

I also suggest you join a lot of local groups. I'm not convinced that the very general groups with 10,000 members are good for exposure --- your photos just get lost in the shuffle. Having a presence in groups that are relevant to the places where you photos were taken will help you build a grassroots group of contacts and fans. Actually, "Guess Where" groups are really great ways to get a lot of people looking at and commenting on your photos.

ive been a flickr member for awhile, but i still haven't got around to buying a membership :(

i have to do that sometime...

Yup - pay, then there are no ads to view, and you can upload waaaay more photos, and you'll have a much better ability to organize them.

Fortunately I use Rogers Yahoo! Internet, which meant when I signed up I automatically got a pro account (which really helps me now as the unlimited upload allowed me to upload 2000+ photos over the last few days).

well i finally bought a membership.

found out that they finally have a paypal option and in less than 2 minutes i was signed up and on my PRO account.

so now everyone can view ALL my photos ;)

Fortunately I use Rogers Yahoo! Internet, which meant when I signed up I automatically got a pro account (which really helps me now as the unlimited upload allowed me to upload 2000+ photos over the last few days).

I have Rogers and I didn't know that I got a Flickr Pro account. I bought mine. How do I know if I get a free Flickr account with my Rogers subscription?

^ When I look at my Account information, it says: "You have a Pro account, at no cost as long as you keep your Rogers Yahoo! service." When I'm on Flickr, the Rogers Yahoo logo shows up at the lower right corner of the page instead of the usual Yahoo logo.

Check your account at rogers.yahoo.com. Perhaps you can find a way there to link your Rogers account with Flickr.

I wanted to point something out to everybody who was thinking of paying for a Flickr Pro account but aren't a Rogers Internet subscriber. When you have Rogers internet service, you are entitled to x number of e-mail accounts. Each of those accounts is entitled to a free Flickr Pro account. So, if you have a friend or relative who is on Rogers but isn't using all of their email accounts (my parents are entitled to 7 email addresses but only use 2), you can get them to create an email address for you and then you can sign up for Flickr Pro using that address. Of course, make sure that your friends or family aren't planning on cancelling their Rogers service anytime soon.

Back