iLoft Condos (Camrost-Felcorp) - Real Estate -

This is a similar situation to one that occurred at Liberty Village Towers and Bliss, although they were asked to sign a waiver to the 24 months clause (and waive all associated penalites) in July of 2008, which will likely be 2 to 2 1/2 years ahead of occupancy. Because there's nothing in Tarion or the condo act that protects you, the builders have all the power and my guess is they'll say take the $1 or take a hike. It's a problem with the act and needs to be changed. Tarion puts these rules in place, like the 24 clause, but they have absolutely no teeth.

I just spoke to my lawyer and he said exactly what I expected. Sign the paper and it changes my original occupancy date to August of 2010. He reminded me that this would also give them back their 24 months of delays, meaning in theory my move in date could be moved back to Aug of 2012, although that's not going to happen as we know.
With regards to compensation I (we) have absolutely no entitlement. It's very much a take it or leave it situation. So I will be signing the paperwork when I make my colour selections in a couple of weeks.

I just spoke to my lawyer and he said exactly what I expected. Sign the paper and it changes my original occupancy date to August of 2010. He reminded me that this would also give them back their 24 months of delays, meaning in theory my move in date could be moved back to Aug of 2012, although that's not going to happen as we know.
With regards to compensation I (we) have absolutely no entitlement. It's very much a take it or leave it situation. So I will be signing the paperwork when I make my colour selections in a couple of weeks.

So does this mean that we will be for sure closing in August then (and no earlier?). They can push back the date, but they can't make you move in early? This completely sucks...
I still can't fathom that it would take another 10 months to do the interior of the building.

it means you acknowledge the fact that its been 24 months since you signed the contract and that you accept the fact that its been pass the first occupancy date as specify on the contract so Camrost holds no legal obligations for the delays and offers no monetary restitution to the holder.Thats my view of the waiver your signing.Yes it can be August for move in if there are delays.

So does this mean that we will be for sure closing in August then (and no earlier?). They can push back the date, but they can't make you move in early? This completely sucks...
I still can't fathom that it would take another 10 months to do the interior of the building.

As I understand it, you cannot extend past 24 months, so what the paperwork is doing is changing the original occupancy date on your contract, as if that date never existed. Once we've signed that, they cannot make you move in earlier (but you can do so if they ask you and you wish to).. but they can delay again up to 2 years.

I honestly am shocked by the August date. I really believe people will be moving in a fair bit before that date.. My gut tells me that the people signing this amendment will be some of the last to move in.. only time will tell..

Womba the windows arent even 1/4 up yet and probably be fully closed and cap in December.From what I was told it be July for lower floors.

Ilofts 2 approved!!!...lookie here what I found...18 Stories..

http://www.emporis.com/application/?nav=building&lng=3&id=tidesatmysticpointe3-toronto-canada

ilofts2.jpg

So I guess this 18 story condo is going where all that ruble is in front of iloft now...the tall mountain of dirt

Yes thats where its planned but wonder which direction is going to face.Is the front going to be facing Skylofts or facing ilofts.I hope it faces Skylofts (no offense to Skylofts owners) so its doesnt block all my view of the west skyline.:cool:

OH NO!!!!!!! :((((
My west view will be totally ruined :(((

I was praying for townhouses... And now it will be a forever construction in front and no more nice sunsets :((

don't be upset, whoever is buying condos should expect their views to be obstructed at some point unless it's right against the water or some other protected land.

well before everyone gets too upset, Emporis may not be 100% accurate ... if iLoft owners are really interested what's happening on the lands west side of Legion Road North, contact City Planning (West District) to inquire and find out for sure ~

Planner, Shelly Tulloch @ 416.394.8208

Just for the information of iLoft buyers, I did my colour selection yesterday.

I signed an amendment to my agreement, so I now have a move in date of very early August. She said that it would likely be ready before that, but I didn’t question her further. I have a feeling I cannot be compelled to move in prior to that date, but I would have to verify that with my lawyer.

Regarding upgrades, here's some of what I was told/purchased.

You are offered 4 different colour schemes. They are supposedly co-ordinated together by a professional designer. It includes your kitchen cabinet style, laminate flooring, bathroom floor tiles, bathroom wall tiles and bedroom carpet. If you wish to deviate from that and substitute something from one of the other schemes, it's $250 per item. There are some additional standard substitutions you can pick from for some (all?) items. For example, I picked a cabinet door style that was not in any of those 4 choices and paid the $250

The carpet choices are very limited. The standard is the tightly knitted style, I'm not sure what it's called. Based on a very quick glance, even the upgraded carpet was the same style with very limited colour choices. The standard was quite thin but I went with that and paid $300 for upgraded under padding in both bedrooms. I asked about having the laminate flooring in the bedrooms and it was an obscene $2800 extra!!! That's for less than 250 square feet.

I was disappointed by the flooring selection. I paid $1000 for upgraded flooring, but even that wasn't terribly exciting.

As previously stated, it's $1700 for a microwave above the stove. There's no way I will pay that, but I had them change the above the stove cabinet to a smaller, microwave compatible style and that cost me $350. I will install the microwave myself.

Other items:
$400 for upgraded handles for the cabinets rather than the cheap knobs.
$2400 for granite counter top, including the island.
$500 for an under mount sink.

One additional thing, I was given the choice to have the kitchen stucco like the rest of the main room or having just that section as a smooth ceiling. Ideally I would get smooth over the entire room, but the price was shocking. I didn't bother to get her to calculate exactly what it would cost, but she estimated around $7000. I chose to have stucco in the kitchen.

Hope that's helpful.

It's funny how times have changed, as most of the upgrades that you have chosen are pretty much standard in all new pre-construction/construction condos throught the city. This is a good thing as competition creates value added that builders use to entice buyers, providing better finishes, more choices, and overall a better product.

As far as the cabinet door handles are concerned, I wouldn't have paid an extra $400 dollars for those. You can get beautiful handles, at any big box store or ikea for a fraction of that price and install them yourself. Good choice on installing the microwave yourself.

As far as the cabinet door handles are concerned, I wouldn't have paid an extra $400 dollars for those. You can get beautiful handles, at any big box store or ikea for a fraction of that price and install them yourself. Good choice on installing the microwave yourself.

I considered that, but what if the holes from the handles they install are in the wrong place? I just thought it would be better to bite the bullet..
As for the microwave, anyone else considering the same thing should know that they do not install a seperate circuit for the hood fan. You'll have to install a new circuit for a microwave which may not be worth the hassle for some people.

Back