News   Apr 23, 2024
 339     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 941     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 504     0 

Idiotic Motorcyclists

This exactly fits my post on motorcycle statistics. A large portion of motorcycle crashes are single vehicle affairs, or if another vehicle is involved the rider was 100% at fault.

What we need is limited engine power of under 50 hp for new motorcyclists for their first five years of riding. My 500cc machine has 34 hp, and that's plenty for me, I can cruise at 100 kph if needed. The regulations can't just be engine displacement, since you can get 100 hp on a 500cc Yamaha RD500, while a 750cc Motto Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic has only 49hp.

100 hp is a lot for an inexperienced motorcycle driver. I've heard too many car drivers who get their motorcycle licence think it's easy riding a bike because they've been driving a car for X amount of years. Two completely different machines.

100 hp is a lot for an inexperienced motorcycle driver. I've heard too many car drivers who get their motorcycle licence think it's easy riding a bike because they've been driving a car for X amount of years. Two completely different machines.
We should also consider a bike weight restriction. Too often some fat, wealthy boomer gets a 700 lb. Harley for his first bike, and drops it on the way home from the dealership.

Sport Bikes are the new honda civic. Just like the fartcan exhaust on cars, the first thing bikers do is change their exhaust to a fartcan (albeit a smaller one). Then they ride around revving their engines at every stop light and making a bunch of noise, even though their bike still isnt fast.

Yet when cyclists do the same stunts (well, except they can't get up to 100km) and get killed, we call them the victims? Actually, I rarely see Motorcyclists do the things that cyclists do. They don't usually pass in the same lane, or cut in front of a turning vehicle, or get on the side walks, or run the right lights, or go against the traffic or not wear their helmets. I am a big supporter of cycling and bicycle lanes, but we got to enforce the law on these people.

I see motorcycles do this and cars. It's young,old, black white etc..It makes me angry when drivers are changing lanes,weaving in and out,tailgating. They are taking chances with everyones well being, it's crazy. I think the law should be strict, any stunt driving should result in loss of driving privileges for life. that would help the ttc as well

Another idiot:

------------

Motorcyclist, passenger seriously injured in crash

Updated: Mon Sep. 27 2010 9:24:18 AM

The Canadian Press

TORONTO — A motorcyclist and his passenger are in serious condition after the man lost control of the bike and crashed into a pole in Toronto.

Police say on Sunday around 3:50 p.m. a 39-year-old man was driving with a 23-year-old passenger on Rosedale Valley Road.

The man was attempting to pass another vehicle when he crossed the centre lane into the path of an eastbound vehicle.

Police say the driver lost control, striking the curb and a utility pole.

Both riders were thrown from the motorcycle and taken to hospital with serious injuries.

This supports the stats on motorcycle "accidents" exactly - in that over 50% of crashes are single vehicle events, where the rider overrode his abilities and collides with something. Whenever I ride my motorcycle I always remember this, that if I can stop the 75% of the crashes where the rider is either 100% of 50% at fault, and drive defensively to guard against the last 25% of crashes, I'll have fun and be okay. It's not about how fast you can go, but how far.

Are you seriousy going to provide us with a news brief averytime a motorcycle gets into a crash. Do you have nothing else to do with your life.
If you think these news briefs will prove your point, they won't. Stop being a child.
While were at it here's some news briefs of car crashes not involving motorcycles.

29-year-old man killed in car crash in Toronto
Monday, 14 June 2010 10:59 Written by Len Humes 0 Comments On Saturday, June 12, 2010, at 9:16 a.m., police responded to a call for a multi-vehicle collision on The Westway at Islington Avenue.
It was reported that:
- a 29-year-old man was driving a Honda Civic, eastbound on The Westway, crossing the intersection of Islington Avenue, when he was struck by a southbound Toyota Corolla, driven by a 21-year-old woman,
- the impact caused the Honda Civic to flip onto its side, being forced into a third vehicle, a Mitsubishi SUV, that was stopped at the intersection, facing northbound.
The driver of the Honda Civic sustained major internal trauma and was pronounced dead at the scene.

2 injured in car crash in Scarborough
Alice Hoang
Posted 05 April 2010
Two men were taken to hospital with minor injuries from a head-on collision Sunday afternoon in Scarborough.
A 50-year-old-man driving a Chevy Malibu was travelling west on Lawrence Avenue East at Kennedy Road, according to Toronto Police Sgt. Ken Taylor.
His car struck the north curve then crossed to the centre line where it hit a Hyundai Tuscon, which was eastbound on Lawrence Avenue East at Crockford Boulevard.

There have been other motorcycle accidents that have made headlines but this one I thought worthy of posting as the idiotic driver thought it was a good idea to pass a vehicle on Rosedale Valley Road (!) while someone was clinging to his back.

I don't think I need to try much at all to prove this point but thought this was a perfect example of the kind of motorcyclist mentality I witness regularily.

Comparing this to general car accidents is silly... and comparing this to idiot car drivers doesn't work either. It's apples and oranges... or perhaps apples and bananas.

Last edited:
What's the legality of motorcycle passing between two vehicles (so zooming down between the space between two lanes) or passing you on the right, between your vehicle and the curb (like a bike might).

My better half works in the transplant unit at TG. We call motorcyclists ORGAN DONORS

LOL!
We definitely need more organ donors. Maybe a campaign targeting motorcyclists to sign up to be organ donors.
I noticed too the amount of reckless bikers, but they know the dangers (especially when they have no doors or airbags) and accept the risks, and if they are foolish and crash & die, they pretty much deserved it (too bad they have to cause such a traffic jam).
The number of motorcycle riders in Toronto is not that significant and most do respect the law and ride safely, so I don't think this is a real issue.

Back