News   Oct 04, 2024
 2K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 3.9K     4 

Ideas For A Good Friday In Town?

Oh man, a buddy of mine had the best idea this morning: Ward's Island!

Ok, you have to understand that it's been almost 15 years since I've been to the islands (sad, but true) and so it totally blew my mind. The view of the city, the restaurant, the houses.....I was in awe and almost cried....kinda like when I saw the Rockies for the first time last summer. Same feeling.

I don't know what's been wrong with me for the last 15 years but damn, I'm on that ferry weekly this summer....especially after I move back downtown.

Wait until you see it in summer with all the leaves on the trees and English gardens in full bloom. There's a great indoor/outdoor cafe just off the boardwalk which I can't remember the name of, mostly surrounded by tall hedges at the back of a cottage. They have pretty good coffee (and they sell spirits). The service is mediocre but it's wonderful setting for a time out and the patio is dog friendly too.

^I know.....I'm gonna die when I go back in the summer.

I think the place you're talking of is the place we went for breakfast and then lunch and beer. I thought the service was pretty good and I loved the food and the patio just off the boardwalk is so very, very lovely. I can't wait to go back.

Now, I just wish I remembered the name of the place.

Though, I think this Saturday would be a wikkid time to go back with the weather being what it's being and going to be.

It's The Rectory Cafe

Back