News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.4K     2 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.2K     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 590     0 

Hume Say Nash latest to refuse Toronto

I got to say, for Hume, that was one of the worst articles I've read ......

Yet another head shaker from the brilliant minds at The Star. When should we expect a Dave Feschuck article about Toronto's architecture?

Steve Nash not coming to Toronto for any other reasons than the fact that he's 38 years old, wants to add an NBA championship to his list of achievements and recognizes that he's not going to be able to lead Bryan Colangelo's squad to any rings any time soon should be immediately dismissed.

The whole "the reason Toronto teams lose is because they still sell out" narrative is nonsense.. It's been proven that the Leafs would make millions PER GAME if they made the playoffs. Not to mention knowing the Toronto media (the real reason many athletes don't want to play here) would then start writing articles like "Toronto fans aren't loyal enough to support their sports teams" or "this proves Toronto isn't a good sports city". This is proven with their constant criticism of Argos fans, who don't fill the Skydome for an awful team year after year when there are much better things to do.

tl;dr Nonsense.

And all this time I thought Nash just wanted to win a championship and be close to his ex-wife and kid. Meh, who cares about family, right Hume.

Hume is soliloquizing in print what a lot of us may think on really bad days. Toronto is more than what Hume's rant suggests.

Nash? Good ole Ontariya boy! Why doesn't he wanaa play here? Brian Burke only signs Mericans!

Oh wait, this is the basketball Nash...

Was reading the comments on the star article and was wondering are Canadians not from Toronto really that bored that they clog up the Toronto Star comments section with constant insults for Toronto or are Torontonians that self loathing?

i.e.: the city shuts down at 10p.m, there's nothing new citing the Science Center, so people just shop in play in the 519 and 905. Really? Have these people even been to the city, like ever?

Last edited:
Was reading the comments on the star article and was wondering are Canadians not from Toronto really that bored that they clog up the Toronto Star comments section with constant insults for Toronto or are Torontonians that self loathing?

Inferiority complexes and jealous loathing, mostly.

Well it makes me wonder what a Canadian's idea of a good time & cultural experience is.

Dinner for 2 at St. Huberts and a 4 dollar drink and a lap dance?

The whole "the reason Toronto teams lose is because they still sell out" narrative is nonsense.. It's been proven that the Leafs would make millions PER GAME if they made the playoffs. Not to mention knowing the Toronto media (the real reason many athletes don't want to play here) would then start writing articles like "Toronto fans aren't loyal enough to support their sports teams" or "this proves Toronto isn't a good sports city". This is proven with their constant criticism of Argos fans, who don't fill the Skydome for an awful team year after year when there are much better things to do.

tl;dr Nonsense.

CFL fans watch at home. And even then, the ratings are down from 2010, so it's not just Toronto there. Toronto is not a sports city like Chicago or NYC that's for sure. That does nto mean Toronto is a bad city. It is what it is.

You cannot compare Canadian cities to US when it comes to sports. American cities have sports stores that cater to female buyers only. I've never seen that in Canada. Americans have an obsession with their sports. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

Back