Hullmark Centre Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

I didn't get a feature sheet, but I suspect / expect Tridel to offer something nice (generally I am ususally happen with things I see in their sales office / completed suites) ...

yes this project is to be developed on the Dominions site .... across from Bazis' Emerald Park site (not Emerald City @ Don Mills / Sheppard which is much more affordable)

I'm not too too suprised on the added cost of parking even though this is NYCC ... given it is literally RIGHT ON the subway ... I think neighbouring Emerald Park, Minto Radiance + Spring also charged extra for parking space

the prices seem pretty steep. The cheapest unit seems to be $497.6/sq ft
2A 2 Bedrooms 3FL $418,000 840sqft.

The rest seems to start around $511sqft+. Not a whole lot of difference from ones in downtown.

the prices seem pretty steep. The cheapest unit seems to be $497.6/sq ft
2A 2 Bedrooms 3FL $418,000 840sqft.

The rest seems to start around $511sqft+. Not a whole lot of difference from ones in downtown.

The only defense to the steep prices I can see are the high-end european appliances.

wow ... Those prices are comparable to Yonge and Eglinton for new inventory (a little less).

Way higher then the averages in NYCC ... you can easily get a 2 bedroom + 2 washroom suite in NYCC North of Sheppard south of NYCC station for 350,000 give or take. The new X-condominiums were around that price.

I wonder how these will sell.

Wow, I'm shocked at those prices. They seem to be way too high. They even surpass some downtown areas. I really like this project and hope it gets built, since it will add greatly to the neighbourhood.

I'm worried that this price is way to high. Maybe we'll get crazy investors from abroad to pay these outlandish prices. The regular condo prices in Toronto seem normal compared to this. The building does have a good location, but it's not 1 Bloor or anything like that. The units don't even come with parking. I hope they come with lockers at least.

Don't forget the $27,000 parking fee... I just confirmed from their agent that parking is NOT included in the unit price.... this is 10,000 more than Emerald Park...

prices here @ Hullmark Centre are definitely on the high side being in NYCC ... maybe this is Tridel's counter-balance way of making 300 Front seem attractive ?? hehe

Lets see how well this sells in the current market conditions. I'm guessing that they will be forced to reduce their prices or end up having to be in sales for a very long time.

If they don't sell, they may end up cancelling the project, and that would be a shame as it would add more urbanism to that underdeveloped corner of NYCC.

Anyone know on whether the Pearl condo up the street is cancelled yet? It's been in sales for like 3 years and still no construction.

Lets see how well this sells in the current market conditions. I'm guessing that they will be forced to reduce their prices or end up having to be in sales for a very long time.

If they don't sell, they may end up cancelling the project, and that would be a shame as it would add more urbanism to that underdeveloped corner of NYCC.

Anyone know on whether the Pearl condo up the street is cancelled yet? It's been in sales for like 3 years and still no construction.

So far I know that VIP sales at Hullmark is selling extremely good. There are many puchasers have bought the mid size and larger size units.

Actually, the Pearl Condo's sales started sometime in June 2007.

The info below is about the Pearl Condo from October 2007 by Toronto Star.
http://www.thestar.com/living/article/269766

PEARL CONDOMINIUMS: 35 Hollywood Ave., two blocks north of Sheppard Ave., east of Yonge St. Builder: Conservatory Group. A 24-storey precast concrete building with 351 units, and four condominium townhouses. Prices (locker included, parking included in most units): from $199,900 for 570 sq. ft. to $589,900 for 1,283 sq. ft. Fees: 39.5 cents per sq. ft., plus hydro. Amenities: recreation centre includes indoor pool, fitness area, whirlpool, library, card room, saunas, conference room, party room, guest suite, home theatre, 24-hour concierge, outdoor terraces. Sales: about 70 per cent sold. Status: construction not started. Occupancy: June 2009. Sales centre: 4917 Yonge St. at Spring Garden Ave. 416-512-1818; conservatorygroup.com.

I'm glad the Hullmark Centre is doing well in sales. I would think it is mostly investors buying up these units. It's a good location for renting out to students and urban professionals.

As for Pearl, I don't think The Star's sales centre opening is accurate. I live in NYCC and that sales office has been around for at least 2.5years. I walked in there in July and they also told me they are 70% sold. So if the paper is right, that means they haven't sold much since October 2007.Its supposed to be done by summer 2009, and it hasn't had it's ground-breaking yet. It's a project that could easily be cancelled.

Same goes for the Bravo condo, just up the street. Sales was up for very long time and still no construction.

the PEARL sales office was also used by Conservatory Group to sell Platinum Tower and XO @ Platinum previously ... not sure if that makes any difference

as for Bravo, I am pretty certain they are more than 95% sold, and certainly Bravo started selling much much later than PEARL, maybe only about a year ago? the reason for Bravo's delay is due to the OMB hearing process, which I think recent (2 months ago?) grant Baywood Homes approval for that project ... so Bravo should start construction very soon

Hullmark Preview Open House This Weekend

The Preview Open House is this weekend, Saturday, November 1 and Sunday, November 2 from 12 noon to 6pm at the new Presentation Centre at Yonge & Sheppard. You can pick up more details on my blog.

The website will go live Friday evening with prices and floorplans.

Here are the masterplans:

masterplan_700.jpg

groundplan_700.jpg

Lifestyle Amenities & Rooftop

amenityplan_1100.jpg

Since I can only put up 5 images max here is the link to VR images: http://www.tridel.com/hullmarkcentre/gallery_pre.php

(otherwise I would have put up the 1000px wide images instead)

Hullmark Centre Scale Model Photos

Here are a couple of photos of the scale model in the Hullmark Presentation Centre.

Scale model photo taken on the Nov 1, 2008 Preview Opening with several hundred registrants attending over the Saturday and Sunday:

20081101hullmarkscalemodel.jpg

hullmark_scale_model.jpg

More photos of the Presentation Centre will be available on the Tridel website later today (unless I get a request to post them here as well).

Back