News   Jul 25, 2024
 317     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 519     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 453     0 

How Toronto voted by ward

Interesting ...

I suspect the difference is something along the lines of the margin of error in the survey.

At an all candidates debate, Ford said amalgamation was a failure and if elected he'd ask Queen's Park to undo it. Let's hope he follows through on this.

Interesting ...

I suspect the difference is something along the lines of the margin of error in the survey.

No. They are counting different things. The Toronto Employment Survey counts the number of jobs in the city proper. The other other is counting employment regardless of location.

No. They are counting different things. The Toronto Employment Survey counts the number of jobs in the city proper. The other other is counting employment regardless of location.

Hey Glen I asked a little while back but do you really think taxes (and everything that encompasses i.e. development charges and the like) are the main driving factor (i.e. accounts for 60/70+% of the issue) ... or are there other factors at play (not controlled by city / provincial i.e. government involvement) level.

I guess a simple way to answer the question - say taxes were 100% balanced inside the GTA (ignore what it would take to get there) would you eventually expect to see more office development (and jobs) in the outer 416 ?

Hey Glen I asked a little while back but do you really think taxes (and everything that encompasses i.e. development charges and the like) are the main driving factor (i.e. accounts for 60/70+% of the issue) ... or are there other factors at play (not controlled by city / provincial i.e. government involvement) level.

I guess a simple way to answer the question - say taxes were 100% balanced inside the GTA (ignore what it would take to get there) would you eventually expect to see more office development (and jobs) in the outer 416 ?

Yes. The problem is that we have already missed out on a huge expansionary period. To which will will not regain, and itself encourages further commercial agglomeration in the areas in which occurred.

Outside of the tax issue Toronto was better positioned to support office type development. Even if it had taken place at the expense of industrial development, the net benefit of the increased commercial assessment base would have produced long term benefits.

Yes. The problem is that we have already missed out on a huge expansionary period. To which will will not regain, and itself encourages further commercial agglomeration in the areas in which occurred.

Outside of the tax issue Toronto was better positioned to support office type development. Even if it had taken place at the expense of industrial development, the net benefit of the increased commercial assessment base would have produced long term benefits.

Another very unfortunate trend of late is replacing office buildings with condos i.e. demolishing or retro fitting them - some are perfectly fine and near fully occupied at the time (i.e. unlike the old Imperial Oil building).

The difference between them is so small though ... is there that few jobs in 905?

So you said you were going to talk to Ford if he gets elected regarding this ... please report back with whatever you hear :)

Somehow, I can imagine Glen looking like Matt Damon in The Informant--y'know, boring 30/40ish guy with a moustache who looks eternally stuck in 1979...
(240209145432)The_Informant_Matt_Damon_2.jpg

Does anyone have an electoral map of the last election?

Back