News   Sep 20, 2019
 576     3 
News   Sep 20, 2019
 478     1 
News   Sep 20, 2019
 1.2K     0 

How to get Canada's oil to export markets?

Admiral Beez

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yet another nail in the national consensus. When does consultation become an excuse for endless litigation and rent-seeking?
Let the legal process work itself through as needed. Rent seeking? As long as those getting the rent are in Canada, such as indigenous groups I'm fine with that. Everyone has a price.

BurlOak

Member Bio
Reaction score
Let the legal process work itself through as needed. Rent seeking? As long as those getting the rent are in Canada, such as indigenous groups I'm fine with that. Everyone has a price.
And the wealthy law firms. It's important that make make some money to pay for rent.

jje1000

Member Bio
Reaction score
Of course, but you should be able to recognize when the board has tipped over- that as long as native groups can freely litigate with public money (and with the help of foreign NGO groups), they will act in their own interests in maximizing their payout and political profile. This no-risk legal action essentially trivializes real legal action (which should always be championed) and turns everything into a sue-til-you-win process.

Admiral Beez

Member Bio
Reaction score
as long as native groups can freely litigate with public money
Yes, there will be waste, but if their cases have no merit they’ll be tossed. These oil pipelines will only happen if there is clear agreement and benefit for the indigenous groups. I see no other option beyond abandonment.