News   May 07, 2024
 521     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 465     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 927     3 

How Skyscrapers Can Save the City

since Mississauga ran out of land for new subdivisions, the developers ran to Milton.

Did you know that the real president of Mattamy Homes is...Satan?

Wendell Cox is the Ann Coulter of urban planning and 'Demographia' is his medium. His logic is false and his assertions are skewed.

And they both have a huge following. I wish this kind of phoney baloney was more like "wrestling"...obviously phoney and silly, but relatively harmless. But it isn't...they have a serious agenda, and they don't care how badly we will get screwed in the process. The sad part is, there are way too many chumps who buy into it.

Closer to home, we now have a dumbed-down version of Ann Coulter...the Ford bros.

Wendell Cox is the Ann Coulter of urban planning and 'Demographia' is his medium. His logic is false and his assertions are skewed. Browse through it and see for yourself - but wear a welding mask - this stuff burns.

Just because I cited his stuff doesn't mean that I believe in him... and I don't. I cited the report to show that skyscrapers don't necessarily make cities more affordable, not because Cox said it, but it's been demonstrated in cities like HK.

Just because I cited his stuff doesn't mean that I believe in him... and I don't. I cited the report to show that skyscrapers don't necessarily make cities more affordable, not because Cox said it, but it's been demonstrated in cities like HK.

First of all, you should never cite Cox at all, unless you want your position to lose integrity. Every article he ever wrote has a secret agenda and is flawed. He is the morally bankrupt preaching to the intellectually bankrupt. Best to steer clear, even when it sounds reasonable.

Secondly, I mostly disagree. Highrises DO make cities more affordable. I'ts supply & demand that dictates how affordable a place is. HK may not be "affordable", but if it weren't for its hog density development, it would even less affordable.

The flip-side, is that at some point it becomes a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. The more dense and populous a place becomes, the more likely it is to attract more people to want to move there.

I was never sure whether it was a sick joke or in ernest , but Le Corbusier proposed to raze half of Paris to the ground - yes, the areas surrounding the Notre Dame - to build MASSIVE star-shaped towers surrounded by lawns. The 'Ville Radieuse'.

The moral of this story?
Dogmatic statements such as "Skyscrapers can save cities" can be dangerous, because people might believe you.

Back