News   May 17, 2024
 3K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

How does Kosher or Halal food work?

I have a hard time respecting totally irrational religious behaviour.

All religious behavior is totally irrational. :p

However, what reason do you have to not respect the religious beliefs and practices of others? Whether it is a Jew adhering to kashrut law or a Christian fasting during lent, or a Muslim for Ramadan, what is so intolerable about letting people practice in whatever way that brings them closer to their respective faith? It's certainly not doing you any harm.

At least baptism doesn't involve genital mutilation.

ya, but there's a drowning risk. ;)

p.s, there once was a religion that required all the males to have their testicles removed. i don't think that religion is around anymore. lol, not true but would have made an excellent monty python skit.

All religious behavior is totally irrational. :p

However, what reason do you have to not respect the religious beliefs and practices of others? Whether it is a Jew adhering to kashrut law or a Christian fasting during lent, or a Muslim for Ramadan, what is so intolerable about letting people practice in whatever way that brings them closer to their respective faith? It's certainly not doing you any harm.

It does cost extra in our prison system however to provide these special diets......they do provide them and this does not come cheap!

While I don't necessarily agree with halal or kosher as concepts, I don't see how much more it could possibly cost than providing anyone else a diet. It's not like kosher and halal aren't readily available in your neighbourhood Loblaws.

While I don't necessarily agree with halal or kosher as concepts, I don't see how much more it could possibly cost than providing anyone else a diet. It's not like kosher and halal aren't readily available in your neighbourhood Loblaws.

You gotta pay the clergy who certify the process and bless the cattle and you gotta get a specially trained butcher to slaughter the animal. That all costs extra.

Back