News   Jul 04, 2024
 254     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 436     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 528     1 

House Hunting

Hi Urbandreamer! I'm still looking for a house. The house on Indian Rd is great but with just 1 bathroom it's a dealbreaker for us.
Over the summer, the market was quite slow with few choices. More homes are on the market now so wish me luck!
I've been able to norrow down my neighbourhoods though. I'm really interested in the Sunnylea area.

You're right kikat, the Fall Market has hit and there is much more selection. But keep in mind we only have about 6 weeks left before the slower Winter Market kicks in. Then listings should pick up by mid February again.

Sunnylea is a great pick. Depending on the pocket you feel like you are in the country with the absence of sidewalks! And many of the bungalows are being topped up so values are really on the rise.

Do you realtors all receive some kind of sales talking points memo?

You might already have a home in mind. Perhaps you want to settle down in a particular neighborhood, or maybe you just need more space for your growing family.Don’t be disappointed if the houses in your price range differ from your original vision. Buy the home you can afford rather than the home that "has it all." While you may not be able to afford your dream home now, building equity in a home that you can afford may provide you with the financial ability to buy your dream home in the future.

Once you know how much money you can borrow and have an estimate of your closing costs, you'll know the price range you can afford. You might already have a home in mind. Perhaps you want to settle down in a particular neighborhood, or maybe you just need more space for your growing family.Even if you know exactly what you're looking for, searching for a home can be overwhelming. It takes time. Being realistic and disciplined while house hunting will help ensure you buy a home that you love and can afford,Don’t be disappointed if the houses in your price range differ from your original vision. Buy the home you can afford rather than the home that "has it all." While you may not be able to afford your dream home now, building equity in a home that you can afford may provide you with the financial ability to buy your dream home in the future.

Good catch MAU. As someone who will need to sell/buy in the spring this does not help my growing distrust of Realtors. They're lack of sincerity, self-serving canned approaches is very off-putting!

Do not be disappointed if the houses in your price range differ from your original vision. Buy the house you can afford, instead of the house that has it all. If you can not be able to afford your dream home now, the equity in a house you can afford can provide the financial ability to buy your dream home in the future.

Sage advice. Further suggestion: Buy below what you can afford if possible so that if there is some unexpected event, you are not already so extended that there is no room for recovery. Pleased to see a realtor say this. I believe Keirajohnson is a realtor as it says richmond mls on her posting.

Pretty sure you're admiring the wisdom of a spambot.

You are probably right. Still doesn't change the fact that the advise being offered was correct.
On the chance it is a real estate agent doing the posting in a thoughtful fashion (she posted on 4 other threads), it is still pleasant to hear the opposite of "buy more house than you can afford". "You won't find what you want at this price so let me show you houses beyond your price limit" etc.

It sounds almost the same as johnpeter123 and jasikazensis' posts above. I wonder if they're spambots too.

Any post that sounds a bit like machine-generated jargon and has a single link with a keyword title ("toronto mortgage advice", "mls burlington", etc) in the signature field is spam. It looks like some less-than-reputable realtors are buying SEO packages that promise to make them the top hit in google for certain phrases. Scummy business.

Any post that sounds a bit like machine-generated jargon and has a single link with a keyword title ("toronto mortgage advice", "mls burlington", etc) in the signature field is spam. It looks like some less-than-reputable realtors are buying SEO packages that promise to make them the top hit in google for certain phrases. Scummy business.

anyway the mods can ban those individuals ...
i find them extremely annoying ... most of the time they make no sense and their grammar is horrendous, which makes reading it that much more difficult

Wow..so useful posts for those who wants to real estate information though online..

Back