News   Feb 06, 2023
 2.2K     5 
News   Feb 06, 2023
 585     0 

Homes on Toronto Island

neuhaus

Member Bio
Reaction score
I know it's a real rarity for a house on Toronto Island to come up on the market.
I understand that you are buying just the house and you have to lease the land from the city, and a lottery system is held for potential buyers dur to the demand. I always thought it would be cool to live on the Island, especially seeing that skyline perspective.

I am just wondering if there are anyone here who lives there or knows of someone who does?

Besides taking a feiry to get mainland and the restrictive selling prices, what other unique considerations (good and bad) living there. How much do homes normally go for there? What is it like in the winter? And how hard is it to renovate one of these houses?

junctionist

Member Bio
Reaction score
The two neighbourhoods on the islands seem awesome with their narrow pedestrian streets and picturesque skyline vistas in a the unique park setting. I prefer the Ward's Island neighbourhood. The front yards are much smaller and it seems more urban and attractive.

I don't know anyone who lives there but I admire those who do. It takes a lot of effort and luck to get the privilege and the housing is rather modest.