News   Jun 17, 2024
 116     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 180     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 331     0 

High-Speed Rail Proposals

Pre-clearance only works when on one side of the border there is only one station. Restricting a route like Vancouver-Portland or Montreal-New York to one stop in Canada doesn't cause much issues, but Toronto-Chicago or Toronto-New York passes by more places on the way to the Canadian border which would not be able to see service if the train was pre-cleared.

I'm pretty sure the locked articles at the Globe require a paid subscription (not just registration), so alas BugMeNot won't help you.
It's always worked for me. If the first one doesn't work, try one further down the list.

Pre-clearance only works when on one side of the border there is only one station. Restricting a route like Vancouver-Portland or Montreal-New York to one stop in Canada doesn't cause much issues, but Toronto-Chicago or Toronto-New York passes by more places on the way to the Canadian border which would not be able to see service if the train was pre-cleared.
Indeed, although I suppose you could just pre-clear everyone regardless of where they are getting off (much like the EuroStar does). Still, that would take a large amount of resources, and much of it pointless.

Back